News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 569     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 871     0 

Ontario NDP Party 2023 Leadership Race

Okay, I'll start this thread. Why do you think the NDPs have so few candidates?

Could it be from a lack of self-confidence?

I looked at Stile's website. So much vapour. It's what I would write if I was told to communicate nothing with as many words as possible.

Rick Mercer: Ontario Liberal Party Leadership Race
Actually, whatever you think, maybe the lack of challengers reflects the fact that they *are* confident in Marit Stiles. And remember that John Horgan was acclaimed to the BCNDP leadership prior to assuming the premiership.

There are no candidates opposing Stiles because she is understood in their inner circle to be the heir apparent. She has almost an uncontestable stronghold in the Davenport provincial riding, she was a party insider for a long time before she ran for Davenport (and before she ran for the Federal leadership if I recall correctly), and she has been positioning herself as a leadership candidate for a while. Other potential candidates have essentially fallen in line and endorsed Stiles.

The challenge is, as you noted correctly, her policy approach has always been vapour and I think this applies universally across the Ontario NDP. It is a lot of talk and meaningless hopey changey pitches but I neither see from Stiles a vision or an actionable plan, despite all her years in public service.

Not sure how well this bodes for us Ontarians. I suspect the NDP will not do any better in the next elections relative to the election that just concluded and if the Liberals start to get their act together, we might end up with a minority PC government.

I suspect the NDP will not do any better in the next elections relative to the election that just concluded and if the Liberals start to get their act together, we might end up with a minority PC government.
My prediction is 2026 PC majority with Stilles getting trounced due to vote splitting with the Libs, 2030 PC minority with Doug expelled, Stilles stays on as NDP and Opposition leader, 2034 Liberal majority, Stilles tossed and NDP reduced to third party, OPC is opposition. By 2034 Mother Wynne and the rest of her OLP clan will be dead or forgotten by newer voters who‘ve tired of Doug’s BC and decades of Dipper failure. So hold onto your seats for another nine years.

My prediction is 2026 PC majority with Stilles getting trounced due to vote splitting with the Libs, 2030 PC minority with Doug expelled, Stilles stays on as NDP and Opposition leader, 2034 Liberal majority, Stilles tossed and NDP reduced to third party, OPC is opposition. By 2034 Mother Wynne and the rest of her OLP clan will be dead or forgotten by newer voters who‘ve tired of Doug’s BC and decades of Dipper failure. So hold onto your seats for another nine years.
Goodness, I don't think even the next election is predictable, what with this economy and other stuff (and the vote share last election), nevermind 2034.

Back