News   Jul 15, 2024
 735     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 891     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 627     0 

Ontario Liberals and Transit

Good thing I still don't live in London because I sure as hell wouldn't be too impressed with that list.

500,000 in greater London and she didn't even get a mention. In fact, outside of the parkway in Windsor, SW Ontario wasn't mentioned at all.

Very strange. They seem to make a large effort to avoid the term LRT for Finch & Sheppard yet they use it for Eglinton even though they could easily have not (could have said "Eglinton Crosstown" or "Eglinton Crosstown transit line".

Maybe polling shows that the areas where the Finch & Sheppard LRTs are don't want LRT..
Perhaps because Eglinton is partially underground already? It does not make any sense whatsoever. Well ehlow... Eglinton West :)

Hudak said he wants to complete the sheppard subway and he won't cancel eglinton.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...bways-subways-plans-to-cancel-four-lrt-lines/
The National Post says he won't cancel Eglinton. Note that they didn't quote Hudak there. Where's the link to Hudak's actual words? And where's the indication about the timeline on Sheppard. My point is that these won't happen during this term. They've made some long-term commitments about subway, sure. But they've also made it clear that the first priority is the Relief Line. And that they won't be building subways until they balance the budget (and cut taxes).

Who says that? You really need to stop making things up den, people doubt the 8 years to open schedule the liberals are promising, but 4-5 years to construction is much more likely.
You really think it will only be 4 years until construction? This will take a long time to plan, to build. That was a a guess on my part, not making things up.

The National Post says he won't cancel Eglinton. Note that they didn't quote Hudak there. Where's the link to Hudak's actual words? And where's the indication about the timeline on Sheppard. My point is that these won't happen during this term. They've made some long-term commitments about subway, sure. But they've also made it clear that the first priority is the Relief Line. And that they won't be building subways until they balance the budget (and cut taxes).

I like that you omitted the CBC link. You didn't read it. Eglinton is past the cancel point anyway.

I suspect that the "transit solutions for Finch West and Sheppard East" is in the event that they need to scale back to BRT because another project needs more money in order to happen. The DRL hasn't gone through any kind of detailed engineering analysis, or even an EA, so it's tough to tell how much it's actually going to cost. It would be a lot easier for them to pull $1B combined from Finch and Sheppard than it would be to find an additional $1B.

By leaving it open to various different technology forms, it gives them flexibility in reallocating some of those committed funds if needed.

Pro Subway Propoganda

BokEdMpIYAARrMQ.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/TOinTransit/status/470912536007962624/photo/1/large
BokAxCAIcAAMDw8.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/TOinTransit/status/470908478815731715/photo/1/large

ugh.

Back