News   Jun 11, 2024
 553     1 
News   Jun 11, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jun 11, 2024
 655     0 

November 2020 US Election

Tbh, I stopped watching TDS when Stewart left and the cast scattered. Noah took a long time to find his voice.

Yeah, what *are* they going to do in the event that Trump loses? They're so invested in this, they really have no Plan B whatsoever--Costa Rica? Sheesh.

Trump supporters post-Trump would be like the cats removed from a cat lady's house; that is, in the sense that the vast bulk of them are in such a state that they'd require euthanization or some kind of drastic emergency medical treatment before they're even fit for adoption...

I expect it will be a replay of the Tea Party after 2008. Corporate donors will keep them politically activated.

Trump's got some rappers supporting him. I always hated rap music. Too much violence misogyny & homophobia for my liking. No wonder rappers love Trump.

Fun fact: The organization that is responsible for the Parental Advisory labels on certain music albums? It's co-founded by Tipper Gore, the ex-wife of Al Gore. In protest, many of these rappers support Republicans, despite many Republicans being Evangelical Christians who find rap music not only repulsive but sinful.

Me, like Tipper Gore, I am a progressive who finds rap music personally repulsive (but have no interest in forcing my views on others).

Last edited:
Fun fact: The organization that is responsible for the Parental Advisory labels on certain music albums? It's co-founded by Tipper Gore, the ex-wife of Al Gore. In protest, many of these rappers support Republicans, despite many Republicans being Evangelical Christians who find rap music not only repulsive but sinful.

Me, like Tipper Gore, I am a progressive who finds rap music personally repulsive (but have no interest in forcing my views on others).

I have no bone against rap per se--in Tipper Gore's 1980s, especially, it could be exhilarating. But in cases like this, pro-Trump rappers are really little or no different from pro-Trump rockers: people with nouveau riche values sticking with someone who represents their own nouveau riche values, and sticking it to those who resent the same.

I have no bone against rap per se--in Tipper Gore's 1980s, especially, it could be exhilarating. But in cases like this, pro-Trump rappers are really little or no different from pro-Trump rockers: people with nouveau riche values sticking with someone who represents their own nouveau riche values, and sticking it to those who resent the same.

Yep. A Trump rally could actually be confused for a David Allan Coe concert or a Ted Nugent concert.

And also--do they really think that blockading a Biden/Harris bus and thwarting a rally is going to dissuade voters? With word getting around, it might even elevate the determination of those Dems who had been looking forward to said rally.

It's sort of like: in the midst of his act, does a crazed mass shooter *really* think he's drawing sympathy? (Other than among a small enclave of disturbed-fellow-traveller Redditors, of course)

Yeah, I guess the Dem voters are "guilty". By refusing to be intimidated into voting for Trump or away from the polling station, they're implicitly stating, "bring the Boogaloo on". *They're* the instigators. It's all *their* fault. Etc. Etc.

Back