News   Jun 26, 2024
 114     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 307     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 391     0 

November 2020 US Election

NYPD and other police unions across the US are backing Trump, surprise, surprise :rolleyes:

Fox News poll, Likely Voters, 9/7-10

Do you think Trump/Biden has the mental soundness to serve effectively as president?

Joe Biden:
Yes 51%
No 45%

Donald Trump:
Yes 47%
No 51%
There really should be an age cutoff for POTUS. IMO, the candidate should not be older than 65 at the beginning of their second term, or at the end of their first.

There really should be an age cutoff for POTUS. IMO, the candidate should not be older than 65 at the beginning of their second term, or at the end of their first.

Why "65"? Why not "30"? Sounds like "Logan's Run".

"An idyllic sci-fi future has one major drawback: life must end at 30."

Realistically a person may be a good fit but that doesn't mean they are always mentally capable.

Look at Reagan.
POTUS is not an old man’s (or woman’s) game. In the US, airline pilots face mandatory retirement at age 65, because they‘re responsible for hundreds of lives. POTUS‘ actions can cost tens of thousands of lives, such as 200,000 dead from Covid.

POTUS is not an old man’s (or woman’s) game. In the US, airline pilots face mandatory retirement at age 65, because they‘re responsible for hundreds of lives. POTUS‘ actions can cost tens of thousands of lives, such as 200,000 dead from Covid.

True. Imagine if Truman was president during the Cuban Missile Crisis?

If a president is senile the public wouldn't be told.

True. Imagine if Truman was president during the Cuban Missile Crisis?

If a president is senile the public wouldn't be told.
Imagine, it’s 2023, after more than five years of global pressure, China launches an apparent invasion fleet towards Taiwan. The eighty year old President Biden is woken up, what does he do?

I'm beginning to feel that I'm done with the US election, and am considering tuning out until March 2021. By then either Trump or Biden will be in the WH, any serious debate over the legitimacy of the election should be over, Trump's Supreme Court appointment will have been appointed, etc, etc. A vaccine for Covid19 should be available and perhaps we can re-open the border, and US death counts can slow down.

I'm just mentally exhausted by my interest in the US. Time to tap out I think.

Back