News   Jul 17, 2024
 90     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 714     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 613     0 

November 2020 US Election

I remember people laughing at the concept of Trump Even winning the nomination, never mind making it to president. For many, it was unimaginable. Yet, here we are. I think it even shocked him. So I’m not counting on anything as a done deal until it happens.

I mean people should take elections more seriously. And not take them for granted. But, at the same time, over analyzing Trump's victory is driving a lot of defeatism on the left.

Occasionally, you roll snake eyes. Doesn't mean it's going to happen everytime.

The BLM movement has been overtaken by lunatics looking for a reason to be violent and destructive. They may end up being the reason trump gets re-elected.

Portland protesters have been causing public mayhem for three straight months.

Antifa / BLM supporters clash with far right wingers led by a Transgender Donald Trump supporter Amber Gwen Cummings, just when you think you have seen it all!

The BLM movement has been overtaken by lunatics looking for a reason to be violent and destructive. They may end up being the reason trump gets re-elected.
Definitely. Mobs on the streets, looting, people are going to be demanding the government stomp them.

Definitely. Mobs on the streets, looting, people are going to be demanding the government stomp them.

While some of that is an issue in some places in the U.S. it certainly isn't reflective of most.

So can we dial back the broad generalization just a bit?

Certainly looting, and burning buildings in one's own neighbourhood is not the most effective idea for advocating social change that I've ever heard of..........

One has to acknowledge, in the same breath, that the U.S political system is reasonably rigged against minority and urban votes.

If you read the article above that I linked, you would note that at the Federal level, the U.S. senate has had Republican majorities much of the last 3 decades, while in fact Democrats received more Senate votes.

The House and State Legislatures have been similarly skewed by gerrymandering.

In a country that has had a litany of racial injustice by police, such injustice often violent and sometimes fatal; there has been remarkably little change since, to pick a date, the Rodney King incident of some decades back.

That is not to countenance violence; nor foolish strategies for advancing political change.

But it is to say, I'm not sure the U.S. has a democtractic path forward just at the moment.

One can hope.

In the absence of that, it does require some measure of extreme action, quite probably illegal (civil disobedience was a hall mark the Civil Rights era under MLK) where the economy is sufficiently disrupted, and white, suburban, Republicans are sufficiently inconvenienced as to consider reform.

That shouldn't look like looting.

But it might look like obstructing a highway, it might look like a general strike, it might look like blocking off a workplace of the affluent or one on which they depend.

It should never come to such things.

But when desperation meets intransigence. The consequences can be real.

Portland protesters have been causing public mayhem for three straight months.

Antifa / BLM supporters clash with far right wingers led by a Transgender Donald Trump supporter Amber Gwen Cummings, just when you think you have seen it all!

Why Portland? Isn't that one of the whitest major cities of the US?

Bad apples can ruin the reputation of entire ideologies.

Violent BLM members make up a very small percentage of the entire movement, yet the right loves to emphasize that very small percentage, right down to painting the entire BLM movement as a far-left anarchist movement.

Likewise, a very small group of police officers use excessive force on minorities. Sensitivity training would be among the best ways to reform the police rather than simply defunding them.

We have reached the point that a Second American Civil War is very likely to happen before the decade closes.

And critical to that will be young, patriotic, incel-ish dudes like the Kenosha shooter. The one's likeliest to take down as many as they can in the name of "patriotism"; and if they, too, go down in a blaze of glory in the process, all is fine.

In the more hardcore Trumpian eyes, they're like those who'd otherwise be school shooters, redirecting their energies t/w something more "positive".

Last edited:
Various social media companies need to do more to curb domestic right-wing terrorism that is flying well under the radar.

No wonder why social media is rightfully called antisocial media. At least there are groups that condemn domestic right-wing terrorism.

The combination of far-left anarchist agitators sabotaging BLM and domestic racist misogynistic COVID-19-denying far-right terrorists will expedite the inevitability of a Second American Civil War, but there's hope this war can be averted.

Back