News   May 17, 2024
 2.1K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.3K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 9.7K     10 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

I don't really get the point... is it a stunt?

Yes. (it is a stunt)

Though, I would suppose (speculation) that the idea is : (beyond getting people vaccinated in general)

a) To make it seem exciting to get vaccinated to motivate a few people who are reticent.

b) To brand Toronto as a safe place to visit for business or tourism which is likely to re-start in earnest in the not-too-distant future.

Well, not 5G or Wifi, but if getting an RFID microchip implanted (like your dog may already have) might eventually be able to eliminate the need to always be carrying around a bunch of cards and a smartphone to identify yourself, pay at checkouts, board a plane or bus, etc., I think I would probably get one. The thought occurred to me after I had to show my health card four times during the vaccination process at the Convention Centre, then PrestoCard for TTC, followed by phone or bank card at a grocery store and coffee shop.

I can't say I'd be so willing to give up my freedoms to the potential surveillance of the state or corporations.

Personally I'm hoping for domestic restrictions on those who refuse to be vaccinated.

I know a few people who are conspiracy theorists, thinking the pandemic is all overblown or that the government put something in the vaccine.

Society at large shouldn't suffer because people have mental health issues.

Even my boss admitted yesterday he won't be getting vaccinated. My uncle who lives in Innisfil seems to think be doesn't need to be vaccinated because "he doesn't come into contact with anyone" since he is retired and lives in the boonies.

I can't say I'd be so willing to give up my freedoms to the potential surveillance of the state or corporations.
As opposed to what already happens with the smartphones almost all of us carry around in our pockets? Unlike the smartphone, an implanted RFID chip is not powerful enough to be tracked, and doesn't have cameras and a microphone (or at least I would hope not!).

Dumb question.

What side effects did you guys experience from getting your second shot of Moderna?

I got mine yesterday and am feeling like I got hit by a bus. I have no energy, chest cramps, I had swollen lymph nodes this morning and I was also nauseous. I am feel like death right now and stupid me went into work.

Any idea how long these symptoms may last?

I honestly feel like I should be going home right now.

As opposed to what already happens with the smartphones almost all of us carry around in our pockets? Unlike the smartphone, an implanted RFID chip is not powerful enough to be tracked, and doesn't have cameras and a microphone (or at least I would hope not!).

Your probably closer to correct on the inevitable. We have the tracking feature on our phones turned off. I don't eagerly look forward to the day some retailer scans me as I walk in so they can 'customize my shopping experience', or the state's ability to track me, even in isolated incidents. And, of course, the criminal element will find a way to exploit them. With the emergence of 5G, towers will be a whole lot denser.

I just don't feel the tasks of pulling a card out of my wallet all that onerous.

Be advised there is a 2 hour wait for the Scotiabank Clinic. The line currently loops around and ends out front of Union Station.

It starts at Gate 6 on Bremner, loops around via Lakeshore, Bay, Front, York to Bremner, back to york (via the teamway) to front then back to Bay street on Front.

Good turnout.. bit of backlog.

2 hours is what the volunteers quoted me. I got here at 12:15 and at 12:46 I'm halfway down the Bay Teamway.
How long did it end up taking? Mr S went there for a 2:25 appointment and from the minute he got in the first line to standing on the subway platform to come home was 1 hour.

There were anti-vaxxers out at the Scotiabank clinic giving fake, long waiting times to try and get people to give up. They also had people in lab coats giving out false information.

So I've said before the AZ shot made me feel like crap for about a week or 10 days. It was terrible. Got the Moderna shot on Wednesday and was a little achy for a day and then fine.

There were anti-vaxxers out at the Scotiabank clinic giving fake, long waiting times to try and get people to give up. They also had people in lab coats giving out false information.

These folks need to be hauled to jail for providing false information and interfering with medical procedures.

AoD

But we have the choice of leaving those at home.
True, but the RFID used in pet id chips has a range of only about 10cm and can also be easily blocked. Most systems for human use aren't much different, or use NFC (also incredibly short range). Anyone who's had trouble tapping a debit card in a wallet or phone case or a door key fob is well aware how weak that type of RFID/NFC can be. Try and tap a debit card in a closed fist; just thick flesh is often enough.

These types of chips are often mistaken for "trackers", but they don't transmit anything on their own. They require a sympathetic radio frequency projected at them just to emit their information, and it has to be really close. Think of them like a slide of microfilm; you need a very bright light up very close to be able to read it. Without the light, it's useless.

Even leaving your phone at home doesn't currently stop you from being tracked; every rewards card, debit, credit card, key fob, some government IDs (EDLs, Passports), electronic car key, smart watch, etc. You basically need to leave your home with nothing but your clothes to avoid any potential of being tracked.

Your probably closer to correct on the inevitable. We have the tracking feature on our phones turned off. I don't eagerly look forward to the day some retailer scans me as I walk in so they can 'customize my shopping experience', or the state's ability to track me, even in isolated incidents. And, of course, the criminal element will find a way to exploit them. With the emergence of 5G, towers will be a whole lot denser.

I just don't feel the tasks of pulling a card out of my wallet all that onerous.

I am also not sure why implanting a chip is necessary in any case - accessing your biometric info is easy enough (and there are other behaviour-based analysis that could be done that would identify you with near certainty).

AoD

How long did it end up taking? Mr S went there for a 2:25 appointment and from the minute he got in the first line to standing on the subway platform to come home was 1 hour.

So I've said before the AZ shot made me feel like crap for about a week or 10 days. It was terrible. Got the Moderna shot on Wednesday and was a little achy for a day and then fine.

I got in line at 12:15 and by 12:45 I was getting my jab. at 13:02 I was sitting in a platinum seat under observation.

The volunteers were quoting 2 hours to the people in line so I was pleasantly surprised. My general reaction to the line as I walked around the building was holy s***!

All things considered, the line moved quickly.

Back