News   Aug 23, 2024
 978     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.5K     3 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 517     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Dumb question.

What side effects did you guys experience from getting your second shot of Moderna?

I got mine yesterday and am feeling like I got hit by a bus. I have no energy, chest cramps, I had swollen lymph nodes this morning and I was also nauseous. I am feel like death right now and stupid me went into work.

Any idea how long these symptoms may last?

I honestly feel like I should be going home right now.

First dose of Moderna: Really sore arm, much worse than any flu or other shot I've ever had. Difficulty sleeping that night. Really tired and groggy the next day, with a bit of achiness - basically took the day off. Slept really well the next night and seemed better than ever (other than lingering arm soreness for a few days).

Second dose of Moderna: Sore arm, but not nearly as bad as previous shot. Some difficulty sleeping. Was OK for first part of the following day, but started to get really tired by noon. No achiness this time, but I ended up having a short nap in the office. Slept well the next night and back to normal.

I didn’t have Moderna, but quite a few friends and family did. Reactions ranged from nine to severe as you describe. It’s a good thing. Your immune system is working.

I didn’t have Moderna, but quite a few friends and family did. Reactions ranged from nine to severe as you describe. It’s a good thing. Your immune system is working.

FWIW, I am getting forced to go home early. My boss took one look at me and told me to go home.

I dont care if it is considered a sick day or whatever but I am unfit to be here.

How long did it end up taking? Mr S went there for a 2:25 appointment and from the minute he got in the first line to standing on the subway platform to come home was 1 hour.

There were anti-vaxxers out at the Scotiabank clinic giving fake, long waiting times to try and get people to give up. They also had people in lab coats giving out false information.

So I've said before the AZ shot made me feel like crap for about a week or 10 days. It was terrible. Got the Moderna shot on Wednesday and was a little achy for a day and then fine.

Really wishing we could deny hospital beds and care to these idiots when they get sick with Covid.

Really wishing we could deny hospital beds and care to these idiots when they get sick with Covid.

I saw them hanging around handing out "vaccine side effect forms". There was one anti-masker who was trying to tell me I was being controlled by the government because I was wearing a mask.

I promptly told the anti-masker where to go and what to do with herself.

I was a little tired for a day, but that was it. My parents got their second shots on Sunday too!

I saw them hanging around handing out "vaccine side effect forms". There was one anti-masker who was trying to tell me I was being controlled by the government because I was wearing a mask.

I promptly told the anti-masker where to go and what to do with herself.

My boyfriend and I got into it with an anti masker crazy Karen, at No Frills a few months ago, back when the province was getting 3000 cases a day. I told her to get you know what out of my way and she flipped on us and went on this anti mask rant, we screamed back at her and she got the store manager and threaten to call the police on us, so we left and went to another store. I couldn't be near her!!! lol 😆

I just like to point out that I'm wearing my mask to protect them, so they should be thanking me, not berating me.

This would also be fun.
1624904037130.png

Last edited:
Seems like we're plateaued at this point. Hopefully the rapid pace of vaccinations helps bring down rate of new cases, otherwise I fear that it's indicative of another wave brewing.

Not just that, but ICU and hospitalization numbers continue to slowly fall. At this point, those are the numbers really worth following

With Alpha and Delta still doing their thing, I don't expect to see positive cases fall below 100 for quite a while, like it did last summer. But as long as numbers remain low, and serious illness is minimized, that's probably the most we can hope for until we have reached herd immunity, which will take until September at least.

Back