News   Jul 18, 2024
 157     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 448     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 625     1 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

From the above:

“I’m scared too. We don’t have 6 feet amongst each other here...We are all breathing on each other. Where are you eating facilities? Are they sanitized? Do you have water to wash your hands when you eat your sandwiches?”

For the life of me............why, under perfectly normal circumstances are there construction sites, apparently lots of them, operating without hand-wash stations?

Its bloody unsanitary!

Yes, I've been involved with some projects in my time; and in general, if a site gets a port-a-potty, it gets a hand-wash station. (sites I've been involved with)

Last edited:
When I worked at the Shangri-la the 66th and 67th floors (which are Duplex penthouses) were not finished. We as contract security were expected to utilize a wooden shack with makeshift plumbing and a construction sink to go to the bathroom.

It was so improperly cleaned that I preferred to use the washroom outside on the room rather than the one provided to us. The roof washroom (literally a purpose built washroom outside on the top of the building) was far cleaner than the shack provided to us.

Be honest govt needs to start using police to enforce rules or they will have no effect.

Like in uk police is kicking people out of parks.

So it's not facism

Its necessary.

The way I understand the legislation, that (your example) would require a declaration under the federal Emergencies Act, which may come. I'm not sure the provincial Act has that scope and, even if it does, that type of order has not been made by the provincial government. Most, if not all, provincial orders have been directed at businesses and event holders.

Last edited:
Sometimes all the legislation in the world can't cure stupid:

Indeed. I recall seeing footage from Spring Break in Florida where the 21 year old idiots were going on about how they just turned 21 and wanted to be bombed on spring break.

It serves them right.

There's also the Louisiana pastor who wants to "lay hands" on sick people. And Jerry Falwell keeping Liberty University open. Plenty of stupid out there.

There was a blurb online about how the Muslim community also has their own issues. The Indian Muslim community here in Ontario has a cleric from New Delhi telling them that a Muslim is never impure and therefore it is impossible for a Muslim to impart an impurity to another Muslim . In other words come to prayer and pack the mosque tight.

See here: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-mosques-coronavirus-1.5508545

Be honest govt needs to start using police to enforce rules or they will have no effect.

So it's not facism

Its necessary.

UK couldn't even ensure the tube riders being remotely socially distant - and this is an area where they can rather easily exert control over.

AoD

Last edited:
There was a blurb online about how the Muslim community also has their own issues. The Indian Muslim community here in Ontario has a cleric from New Delhi telling them that a Muslim is never impure and therefore it is impossible for a Muslim to impart an impurity to another Muslim . In other words come to prayer and pack the mosque tight.

See here: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-mosques-coronavirus-1.5508545

An instance where I wouldn't be hesitant to send the police in - and arrest if necessary.

AoD

So it's not facism

Its necessary.

Its not necessary, providing they are maintaining an appropriate distance (2M) from people with whom they do not live.

To cause someone's liberties to fall without justification based on medical/scientific necessity is indeed fascism. That you like it, or the British do does not make it otherwise.

How did Spain get its coronavirus response so wrong?

Spain saw what happened in Iran and Italy – and yet it just overtook China’s death toll in one of the darkest moments in recent Spanish history

Thu 26 Mar 2020 05.00 GMT

Back