News   Jul 18, 2024
 138     0 
News   Jul 18, 2024
 301     1 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 732     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Given Doug's obsession with alcohol, it will be interesting to see if brewers, the Beer Store and/or the LCBO are on the list. If they are, will grocery stores still be able to sell it? Their supply would dry up pretty soon regardless. Look for a resurgence of home brewing!

Currently, for those in quarantine, they can order for delivery from brewers, the Beer Store and/or the LCBO but not from grocery stores.

You can get your beer at Loblaws, that's essential for food...... and beer.

Now the brewers themselves, except for their hand sanitizer lines may be closed.
Yeah well there is a Beer Store next to me, whereas the Loblaws and LCBO is 1km away.

I guess it is time to not take any chances and to stock up.

Someone say a prayer for all the aged collector wine that is going to be cracked open over the next 6 months.

We've got a couple of bottles of some collector wine ... I told my spouse that it could come to that! As all of this unfolds, alcohol is becoming an increasingly essential commodity. How are sales at the Ontario Cannabis Store doing?

“We will not lose this battle,” Mr. Ford said Monday. “We will get ahead of it.”
The Ontario Premier suggested that some construction sites would remain open, but urged workers to leave sites if their employers have not brought in social distancing measures or are forcing them to make do with unsanitary washrooms.

There are still a few question marks that hopefully will be resolved tomorrow.

I work in the contract security industry (specifically condos) and while we are not essential like Police, Medical or Fire services we are essential in the preserving life safety in high-rise residential buildings.

It is hard for me to explain but suffice to say that if a major emergency occurs in an unstaffed high-rise condominium building people could potentially die. The service we provide while not technically essentially is critical to saving lives in an emergency along with mitigating major emergencies from occurring.

Imagine if a pipe bursts and nobody is here to turn off the water or if a fire occurs and nobody is here to alert the occupants of the building.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Proposed Federal Bill to give special powers to the finance minister to unilaterally change, lower or raise tax rates without approval of parliament.

That is very eyebrow-raising.

That's testing the outer limits of Constitutionality and seems, to be charitable, highly questionable.

Total usurpation of Parliament.

TTC Customer Service
@TTChelps

TTC is kindly asking its bus customers to board and exit from the rear door, except those who require the kneeling ramp. Payment will be by PRESTO card or PRESTO Ticket only. We are not accepting cash, TTC tickets, or tokens on buses at this time.

This is expected.

Holy pandemic, Batman!!

No New Comics After This Week

From link.

...product intended for sale in April and beyond will not ship to stores in Northern America.

As everyone knows, the world faces ever-increasing challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Its effects on the comics & collectibles and tabletop gaming industries have been felt far and wide. We are hearing from thousands of retailers that they can no longer service their customers as they have in the past, many of them forced to close by government action or resort to in-person or curbside delivery. Even those still open are seeing reduced foot traffic in most cases, a situation that seems likely to worsen with time.

Our publishing partners are also faced with numerous issues in their supply chain, working with creators, printers, and increasing uncertainty when it comes to the production and delivery of products for us to distribute. Our freight networks are feeling the strain and are already experiencing delays, while our distribution centers in New York, California, and Pennsylvania were all closed late last week. Our own home office in Maryland instituted a work from home policy, and experts say that we can expect further closures. Therefore, my only logical conclusion is to cease the distribution of new weekly product until there is greater clarity on the progress made toward stemming the spread of this disease.

Product distributed by Diamond and slated for an on-sale date of April 1st or later will not be shipped to retailers until further notice. For the time being, however, we have been able to develop procedures with our teams at the distribution center in Olive Branch, MS to safely continue fulfillment of direct ship reorders for the retailers who are able to receive new product and need it to service their customers. It's unlikely that orders will be filled on the same day they are placed, and these plans are subject to change if at any point we no longer feel that we can safeguard our teams while fulfilling orders.

Sick-Superman_o_2455.webp

From link.

Proposed Federal Bill to give special powers to the finance minister to unilaterally change, lower or raise tax rates without approval of parliament.

That is very eyebrow-raising.

That's testing the outer limits of Constitutionality and seems, to be charitable, highly questionable.

Total usurpation of Parliament.

I'm sure Harper is watching with a mixture of glee, and disgust (that he didn't get the chance to do this).

Back