News   Aug 23, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.5K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 526     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Watching both CBC and CTV and seeing commercial heavy tow trucks moving in. I can't make out any liveries.

Edit to add: Watching some trucks trying to leave but other protesters are trying to prevent them.
The Ottawa Mayor has made it even more difficult to tow the trucks out from the core with the "deal" he made with the protesters, since the trucks are now parked basically right next to each other.

The next shoe to drop should be this clown mayor resigning.

The Ottawa Mayor has made it even more difficult to tow the trucks out from the core with the "deal" he made with the protesters, since the trucks are now parked basically right next to each other.

The next shoe to drop should be this clown mayor resigning.

He probably won't - he is a lame duck and not susceptible to pressure from the electorate. The province and feds can probably have him (and Stoly) as the scapegoats (irrespective of their role and incompetence) without much fear over having to deal with them either. Rather convenient.

AoD

I'm glad this is all finally getting over and done with. I'd also be lying if I didn't enjoy seeing these peoples bank accounts get frozen and them get arrested. That said in general I'm not comfortable with the government having the ability to simple freeze anyone's bank accounts and hopefully it's a power that doesnt ever have to be used again.

I also think I need to take a break from social media. I saw someone post that Trudeau has plunged Canada into a total dictatorship, someone else posted that the police were arresting people who fought for our freedom and asked if we all the sudden cared now (like no I freaking don't) and talked about how the police have left veterans in tears. Like can you get off your high horse and acknowledge your privilege for a second. You've clogged up downtown Ottawa for 3 weeks and the police have asked you to leave nicely and peacefully arrested you. You were moved to tears and I'm supposed to feel bad for you? If it was someone of a different skin colour they would've been tackled and bruised and beaten in an instant.

Not to mention someone else sent me a "meme" which was a picture of Kim Jong Un with the caption, "I'm not the craziest leader anymore lol."

I've tried to be as neutral and rational and measured as possible throughout this whole ordeal. Arguing against blanket statements and misuse of terms even though I dislike these people. I've tried not to unfriend anyone because I think friendships are more than just political beliefs, but I've had people unfriend me.

But I'm up to here, like I've had it. I grew up in a place that's actually fallen to a dictatorship and the rage I see when people compare Trudeau (who I'm no fan of) to Hitler, or kim jong un and people saying canada is a total dictatorship and these people are freedom fighters. I can't take it anymore. How do people become so deluded? It's sad and pathetic and I have zero hope for humanity. Its moments like these where I'm envious that my brother is gone, cuz I'd much rather be wherever he is than on this hell hole.

I'm glad this is all finally getting over and done with. I'd also be lying if I didn't enjoy seeing these peoples bank accounts get frozen and them get arrested. That said in general I'm not comfortable with the government having the ability to simple freeze anyone's bank accounts and hopefully it's a power that doesnt ever have to be used again.

I also think I need to take a break from social media. I saw someone post that Trudeau has plunged Canada into a total dictatorship, someone else posted that the police were arresting people who fought for our freedom and asked if we all the sudden cared now (like no I freaking don't) and talked about how the police have left veterans in tears. Like can you get off your high horse and acknowledge your privilege for a second. You've clogged up downtown Ottawa for 3 weeks and the police have asked you to leave nicely and peacefully arrested you. You were moved to tears and I'm supposed to feel bad for you? If it was someone of a different skin colour they would've been tackled and bruised and beaten in an instant.

Not to mention someone else sent me a "meme" which was a picture of Kim Jong Un with the caption, "I'm not the craziest leader anymore lol."

I've tried to be as neutral and rational and measured as possible throughout this whole ordeal. Arguing against blanket statements and misuse of terms even though I dislike these people. I've tried not to unfriend anyone because I think friendships are more than just political beliefs, but I've had people unfriend me.

But I'm up to here, like I've had it. I grew up in a place that's actually fallen to a dictatorship and the rage I see when people compare Trudeau (who I'm no fan of) to Hitler, or kim jong un and people saying canada is a total dictatorship and these people are freedom fighters. I can't take it anymore. How do people become so deluded? It's sad and pathetic and I have zero hope for humanity. Its moments like these where I'm envious that my brother is gone, cuz I'd much rather be wherever he is than on this hell hole.

The most laughable one has got to be Stockwell Day comparing this to Tiananmen in 89. Like seriously, get a grip. What it does clearly point to is that we have a serious misinformation/unreality problem (that is amplified by external forces - in friendly allies and hostile states) - and politicians that are willing to milk it to their own ends - and unfortunately I think it is only the beginning.

As to veterans/former members of the police participating in this - it makes my blood boil. This is an unforgivable violation of public trust that must be deal with harshly.

What I do feel really unfortunate is how the term "truckers" are being used - when an overwhelming majority of them are vaxxed and working. An entire line of occupation is being smeared just because of the actions of these malcontents.

AoD

Last edited:
This whole thing is primarily a bunch of mostly white men, who because of the polite nature of other Canadians, have been allowed to act like selfish a$$hats all their lives. We all know people like this.

And they are now finding out mid-life that there are consequences for that in a country that was built on the social contract. They’re in shock that this could happen, when they’ve sat in a safe bubble of lack of self-awareness their entire lives, that someone would *dare* to come along some day and pop it. A lifelong game of “I’m not touching you! I’m not touching you!” has finally led to a bloody nose.

And for all “the veterans are behind us” rhetoric, a veteran friend who lives in The Glebe with his kids would probably tow the tow trucks out of the city himself if he could. He’s not one to tout the time he served. I’d known him ten years before he let it known he spent time in CF. He’s more than aware that occupiers and their actions are not what he served for, and it makes me feel like those veterans speaking out for the occupation are those who like the special awareness and treatment that comes with having been military.

But that any veteran would support a cause driven heavily by Pat King is beyond me. The man lied publicly for years that his leg was lost to an IED in Afghanistan. Except he never served, and he lost it ignoring medical treatment too long after falling off a roof (some reports say drunk). Stolen Valour is a huge no-no, and instantly destroys a person’s character in the eyes of veterans.

Last edited:
I was going to try and humourously describe the attached video, but it is just insane that there are people who in their heart of hearts believe things like this. These are the people who want the government to capitulate and stop all vaccines & mandates.

This was recorded last night on Wellington, in the centre of the occupation, just in front of the Parliament buildings.

Basically just braindead regurgitation of buzzwords. Untreated mental illness.

Back