News   Jul 26, 2024
 809     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 2K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Don't forget that there's a minority of millennials who subscribe to conspiracy theories, such as Gamergaters.

I am among the majority of millennials who don't subscribe to conspiracy theories.
Not sure gamergater is the right appellation for such a group. That was a particular controversy about journalistic ethics that mushroomed into a reactionary pushback on left wing ideology. Not especially conspiracy aligned.

As far as Toronto is concerned, younger cohorts are doing quite well.

Capture d’écran 2021-07-07 100610.jpg

Under 0.6% positivity. That's encouraging.
The Star reports it differently:

10:20 a.m.: Ontario is reporting 244 COVID-19 cases Tuesday — which includes 80 from 2020 due to a data catchup from Toronto Public Heath — and nine deaths. The seven-day average is down to 215 cases a day or 10.3 weekly per 100,000, and down at 10.0 deaths a day. Labs report 28,755 completed tests and a 1.1 per cent positivity rate.

I really wish they would sort out their reporting and report 'old cases' on the right days, retrospectively. It really confuses the averages and the graphs to have these constant additions of 'older cases' to current figures..

The Star reports it differently:

10:20 a.m.: Ontario is reporting 244 COVID-19 cases Tuesday — which includes 80 from 2020 due to a data catchup from Toronto Public Heath — and nine deaths. The seven-day average is down to 215 cases a day or 10.3 weekly per 100,000, and down at 10.0 deaths a day. Labs report 28,755 completed tests and a 1.1 per cent positivity rate.

I really wish they would sort out their reporting and report 'old cases' on the right days, retrospectively. It really confuses the averages and the graphs to have these constant additions of 'older cases' to current figures..

They included the cases that were old, which is misleading and inaccurate. Sigh.

Of course, the government should not be adding cases from different days, that's not statistically sound.

They should either restate the results from the days on which the cases belong (which triggers a restatement of all rates/patterns thereafter). But that's easy coding.

Alternatively they could just issue a statement about omissions.

Is there a breakdown of who gets a new case of COVID-19? Who were vaccinated? Who was NOT vaccinated? Who had only one or two doses, and when?
Without seeing any numbers, I could tell you that like 80% of new cases are unvaccinated people, around 10% are one shot people and a tiny amount are fully vaccinated.

This gym is allowed to open because of a "physical therapy exemption"loop hole. :rolleyes:

I know a massage and physio clinic in Toronto that did that

They had people sign paperwork saying they were there for rehab purposes. That allowed them to have "patients".

I know a massage and physio clinic in Toronto that did that

They had people sign paperwork saying they were there for rehab purposes. That allowed them to have "patients".

Fascinating - there's a gym in the office building where I work that's been open through the entire pandemic, and I often wondered how that was possible. I guess I have my answer now...

Back