News   Jun 03, 2024
 593     4 
News   Jun 03, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jun 03, 2024
 603     1 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Started the day with like 90,000 people ahead of me in the queue and waited around 1 hour and 20 mins. I was able to book myself an appointment for May 23rd. Quite a bit of available dates in May at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre when I was on the site around 15 mins ago.

This image is very interesting:

1620053208013.png

(From New York Times - https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/03/health/covid-herd-immunity-vaccine.html)

AoD

I saw something on TV the other day with a stat that around 40% of Republicans have no plans to get a vaccine, even if Trump told them to.

All data reflects totals from 8 p.m. the previous day. Last updated on May 3, 2021 at 10:30 a.m.

• 53,880 Daily doses administered
  • 5,378,249 Total doses administered
  • 375,905 People fully vaccinated
From link.

Why is it that each weekend, the numbers of vaccinations go down. Sunday it was 53,880 vaccinations done. During the week, it eventually shots up over 100,000 most days.

I fear some of these new Indian variants could send the world back to Feb/March 2020.

‘The WHO has described it as a "variant of interest", suggesting it may have mutations that would make the virus more transmissible, cause more severe disease or evade vaccine immunity.’

Yea I know but I have neither the time or the desire to book appointments across the city just to get a timeslot.
From a posting a few weeks ago I thought you were leaving Canada and going to Europe to get vaccinated. (Though you will probably need to be vaccinated before flying there or actually being admitted.)

They are saying this for US (which seems to have much greater vaccine hesitation than here. Not sure if it necessarily applies here. The article says:

"Widely circulating coronavirus variants and persistent hesitancy about vaccines will keep the goal out of reach. The virus is here to stay, but vaccinating the most vulnerable may be enough to restore normalcy."

From a posting a few weeks ago I thought you were leaving Canada and going to Europe to get vaccinated. (Though you will probably need to be vaccinated before flying there or actually being admitted.)

That was the plan but I quickly learned that I would need a connecting flight. In a pandemic that is not always easy to do. I just got an appointment for May 30th at the STC.

Is there anyone here on database and website design that can explain to me why it would be so difficult for the system to instead ONLY show me the available locations and dates and let me choose from them. That's how the airlines book their tickets online, they don't show you all the possible flights and then have you click on each one to see if there are any seats available. No, they already know if there are seats available and tell you at the front end, not when you're already deep into the process.
To be fair, airlines also overbook, and charge extra to pick your own seat.

But no, once you click an open date, it should lock out the choice for others until completed (or a set time limit). That’s how most reservation systems work to avoid collision.

BUT, we are talking about organizations who were forced to scramble to buy/create reservation systems with pretty much no notice (given the Ford government, I assume it was also with zero additional funding).

Stupid system. I wanted to book both my 18+ kids. System only allowed me to book one, and now I'm 118,000th in the queue to book #2.

That said, I was able to book both first and second shots for kid #1. When I got my Moderna shot three weeks ago they said we'll email you for the second shot, but no appt given.

Back