News   Jul 22, 2024
 220     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 371     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 425     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

From link.

Last updated on April 23, 2021 with data up to and including April 17, 2021. Click on the link next week for up to date information.

In Canada, 9,199,769 people (24.21% of the population) have received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.​
  • 8,299,823 people (21.84% of the population) have received only one dose.
  • 899,946 people (2.37% of the population) have received two doses.
An additional 1,857,835 people (4.89% of the population) have received their first dose since our report last week.​
1619531877102.png

Clearly they are still playing games:

AoD
It does make SOME sense to use Federal systems to actually administer any system as I doubt the Province has a 'ready to go' way of actually paying people quickly.

It does make SOME sense to use Federal systems to actually administer any system as I doubt the Province has a 'ready to go' way of actually paying people quickly.

It doesn't really - the federal system is retroactive. Sick leave isn't a direct payment from the government to someone - it is a benefit that businesses have to provide. How (and if) you reimburse business is a provincial issue.

AoD

It's like with TB, governments or people neglect follow up treatments and we end up with super bugs.
I do not think that skipping treatment follow-ups (for TB etc) is the same as skipping vaccination top-ups (though it's certainly NOT a good idea). Skipping treatment follow-ups can certainly lead to super-bugs as the virus/bacteria are not destroyed, skipping a top-up vaccination will (I think) 'only' mean your protection is less than it should/could be and may 'expire' sooner.

I do not think that skipping treatment follow-ups (for TB etc) is the same as skipping vaccination top-ups (though it's certainly NOT a good idea). Skipping treatment follow-ups can certainly lead to super-bugs as the virus/bacteria are not destroyed, skipping a top-up vaccination will (I think) 'only' mean your protection is less than it should/could be and may 'expire' sooner.
IDK if that's how it works. No way I'm skipping my second Moderna in, I presume, 14 weeks time (got the first one 2 weeks ago).

I just turned 50, so my next vaccine will likely be the shingles shot. After that it'll be Alprostadil at 70.

Just as a follow up to how ad-hoc the vaccine rollout and booking has been, my parents received their Pfizer vaccines last Friday. Somehow managed to book their appointments at a mass vaccination site at Yonge and Finch via the provincial site before the whole mobile-pop up situation. They apparently entered our postal code L4J (York Region) and the site directed them to a mass vaccination clinic in City of Toronto.

For clarification: the site showed City of Toronto clinics as the closest.

Last edited:
12,463,586 people with one shot so far. https://newsinteractives.cbc.ca/coronavirustracker/

We have 37.6 million people in Canada. Less the approx 20% of Canadian residents under age 18, we've now vaccinated at least once over 41% of the adult population. Give it another few weeks and we'll be over 50%. We're making progress.

The Pfizer doses are going to pour in next month.

AoD
Sadly, this, as well as the announcement that pharmacies may start administering Pfizer means we might see a slowdown in the uptake as vaccine shopping starts again. Those not rushing or unable to get AZ right now may decide to wait a little longer.

Back