News   Jun 26, 2024
 840     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 734     0 
News   Jun 26, 2024
 666     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

We know it came from China. Every top virologist on planet earth says so. China's top virologist Shi Zhengli warns Covid-19 is just 'tip of the iceberg'

I read that SARS-CoV-2 antibodies were detected in tissue samples in Italy from October 2019, meaning they had got infected in September 2019, before the December 2019/January 2020 detection in China.

"The new coronavirus was circulating in Italy since September 2019, a study by the National Cancer Institute (INT) of the Italian city of Milan shows, signaling that Covid-19 might have spread beyond China earlier than previously thought.

Italy’s first Covid-19 patient was detected on Feb. 21 in a little town near Milan, in the northern region of Lombardy.

But the Italian researchers’ findings, published by the INT’s scientific magazine Tumori Journal, show that 11.6% of 959 healthy volunteers enrolled in a lung cancer screening trial between September 2019 and March 2020, had developed coronavirus antibodies well before February.

A further specific SARS-CoV-2 antibodies test was carried out by the University of Siena for the same research titled “Unexpected detection of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in the pre-pandemic period in Italy”.

It showed that four cases dated back to the first week of October were also positive for antibodies neutralizing the virus, meaning they had got infected in September, Giovanni Apolone, a co-author of the study, told Reuters.

“This is the main finding: people with no symptoms not only were positive after the serological tests but had also antibodies able to kill the virus,” Apolone said.

“It means that the new coronavirus can circulate among the population for long and with a low rate of lethality not because it is disappearing but only to surge again,” he added.

Italian researchers told Reuters in March that they reported a higher than usual number of cases of severe pneumonia and flu in Lombardy in the last quarter of 2019 in a sign that the new coronavirus might have circulated earlier than previously thought."

Coronavirus emerged in Italy earlier than thought, study shows (cnbc.com)

Unexpected detection of SARS-CoV-2 antibodies in the prepandemic period in Italy - Giovanni Apolone, Emanuele Montomoli, Alessandro Manenti, Mattia Boeri, Federica Sabia, Inesa Hyseni, Livia Mazzini, Donata Martinuzzi, Laura Cantone, Gianluca Milanese, Stefano Sestini, Paola Suatoni, Alfonso Marchianò, Valentina Bollati, Gabriella Sozzi, Ugo Pastorino, 2020 (sagepub.com)

SARS-CoV-2 has been circulating in northern Italy since December 2019: Evidence from environmental monitoring (nih.gov)

Last edited:
^Makes me think of the walking dead.

I am a bit skeptical, though. If it was circulating in Italy (I've heard similar about Spain) in 2019, it would have spread more quickly to the rest of the world, and we we would have seen more deaths, earlier.

I read that SARS-CoV-2 antibodies were detected in tissue samples in Italy from October 2019, meaning they had got infected in September 2019, before the December 2019/January 2020 detection in China.

I think it was in Toronto around late 2019. I got so sick about about a year ago around this time of year. It was the sickest i have ever been in my entire life. I had 100% of the covid symptoms. (high fever lost my taste and smell for a month, horrible cough, hard to breath) Took me over a month to fully get over it and three months for my cough to go away. I know other people got sick with the same kind of virus. Maybe it was a coincidence? It does seam a little strange, that a nasty virus was going around, then a few months later the world shuts down.

I think it was in Toronto around late 2019. I got so sick about about a year ago around this time of year. It was the sickest i have ever been in my entire life. I had 100% of the covid symptoms. (high fever lost my taste and smell for a month, horrible cough, hard to breath) Took me over a month to fully get over it and three months for my cough to go away. I know other people got sick with the same kind of virus. Maybe it was a coincidence? It does seam a little strange, that a nasty virus was going around, then a few months later the world shuts down.

I had the same thing. I lost all my energy and for the first time in my life contemplated going to hospital because I was that sick.

I was hacking worse than ever before and couldn't shake what I had for weeks.

It wasn't a cold and I had no sense of smell. It was covid.

The only thing that would make sense to me is if a milder coronavirus similar to COVID-19 was circulating, and mutated at some point late in 2019, possibly in China, to become more lethal. If you folks had COVID last year, our hospitals would have been stacking bodies like cordwood. And in much of the world, last year was actually a fairly mild flu year (so not likely we had a bunch of COVID deaths misclassified as flu).

The only thing that would make sense to me is if a milder coronavirus similar to COVID-19 was circulating, and mutated at some point late in 2019, possibly in China, to become more lethal. If you folks had COVID last year, our hospitals would have been stacking bodies like cordwood. And in much of the world, last year was actually a fairly mild flu year (so not likely we had a bunch of COVID deaths misclassified as flu).

It's likely that because nobody knew covid was a thing, nobody knew what to look for and misdiagnosed alot of things.

Even me when I wasn't eating, had no energy to get out of bed while coughing up a storm I thought I had either a nasty cold or the flu.

I only contemplated going to the hospital because after 3 weeks solid of it I was wondering if I had pneumonia or something else. It got to the point for me that something was seriously wrong and I knew this wasn't a cold.

Had it not started to get better I would have gone to Toronto East General asap.

I think alot of people got sick but thought they had a nasty bout of the flu. I know alot of people who wouldn't think anything of it and carry on with their day. Perhaps this is why bodies didn't stack up in hospitals.

It's likely that because nobody knew covid was a thing, nobody knew what to look for and misdiagnosed alot of things.

Even me when I wasn't eating, had no energy to get out of bed while coughing up a storm I thought I had either a nasty cold or the flu.

I only contemplated going to the hospital because after 3 weeks solid of it I was wondering if I had pneumonia or something else. It got to the point for me that something was seriously wrong and I knew this wasn't a cold.

Had it not started to get better I would have gone to Toronto East General asap.

I think alot of people got sick but thought they had a nasty bout of the flu. I know alot of people who wouldn't think anything of it and carry on with their day. Perhaps this is why bodies didn't stack up in hospitals.

The logic doesn't hold - if it was COVID before January 2020 and nobody took any precautions, it should have spread like wildfire across the LTCs and hospitals - and resulted in an amount of death that make the initial outbreak in April look like a child's play.

AoD

Last edited:
Admittedly not a scientist, but it is quite possible you had a version of a coronavirus. There are many known versions, including SARS and the 'common cold, and have been known for decades. How virulent any given one is depends on how the body is able to handle it and how quickly each version can mutate and challenge the immune system. Wiki was the best I could do because the Internet is overwhelmed with COVID-19 which is but one version.

Age can be a factor too. I don't get sick often but I've noticed that, when I do, it now kicks the snot out of me. I think we often forget how much energy and resources our bodies expend fighting an infection. When we are younger we may barely notice, but as we age we often have less in the toolkit.

There are certainly many stories of people having the worst “flu” ever, myself included (started Dec 30). Without antibody testing and autopsies , we can’t know for sure. There is one case of a woman who died in California back in February when death was attributed to I believe pneumonia but post mortem testing determined that she had COVID.

The logic doesn't hold - if it was COVID before January 2020 and nobody took any precautions, it should have spread like wildfire across the LTCs and hospitals - and resulted in an amount of death that make the initial outbreak in April look like a child's play.

AoD

Before COVID-19, some (not all) LTC facilities go into a lockdown, restricting access because of "any" flu in the community.

I mean dead bodies. Someone would have spread it to LTC and given crowding conditions in many homes it would spread like wildfire like it did in the Spring.

For a lot of people Covid is very mild. I personally know several people who just felt tired and had a mild fever for 2 days from Covid and then they felt fine. One woman i know, just felt groggy with no feaver, she is a PSW, if it wasn't for the test she would have continued to go to work. She wasn't that sick, that could have killed people.

Don’t be fooled by feeling “fine,” things can take a turn real quick. . A friend of mine in the uk, very athletic in his mid 30s ended up in the ICU with covid in April. Started the first week with mild symptoms, then things took a turn for the worse in week two was hospitalized. Took him months to recover.

The Adamson BBQ saga is obviously interrelated to Covid by how this crisis is being managed by government and business alike.

Its been discussed in this thread quite often.

As such, I leave this here.

A BlogTo account of Mr. Skelley (owner of Adamson BBQ)'s recent email to supporters.

Back