News   Jul 05, 2024
 695     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 993     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 478     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Back in June, Ford had a 81% approval rating on his handling of the COVID-19 Pandemic. But now it has plummeted to just 55%. While 44% disapprove of Ford's handling of the pandemic.

As for 2022 elections, 44% of people would vote to reelect him, 28% would vote NDP and 22% would vote Liberal. This polling was done by the non-partisan Angus Reid Institute.

Good info.

May be accurate in terms of public opinion, can't say.

But for the record Angus Reid does have a bias in its polling historically, most pollsters do; even unintentionally, ................at times.

Ontario to begin administering COVID-19 vaccine at 2 hospitals next week

From link.

Two hospitals in Ontario will begin administering the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine next week, the provincial government announced Thursday.

In a statement issued by Premier Doug Ford, the University Health Network in Toronto and the Ottawa Hospital were identified as the two sites where the recently approved vaccine will be delivered beginning on Friday.

Ford said a "very small number of doses" will be arriving over the coming days and will be administered starting Dec. 15 "to health care workers who are providing care in long-term care homes and other high-risk settings."

The health care workers would be able to identify any problems with the vaccine.

And their hospital system isn't doing so well either:

Person visits Alberta LTC after (alleged) positive Covid test:

Typhoid Mary.

AoD

Finally a light at the end of the tunnel.

Who's planning the concert?

It's a long long tunnel. My hope is another better vaccine comes out soon, that doesn't require two doses and isn't a logistics nightmare.

Vaccine a step forward down a long tunnel, says Etches

There are still unknowns with regards to the vaccine rollout, she said, from whether Health Canada will approve other contenders in addition to the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, to figuring out how to ensure vaccines are kept in the right conditions during distribution.

It's a long long tunnel. My hope is another better vaccine comes out soon, that doesn't require two doses and isn't a logistics nightmare.

Not only that - but you'd also have a greater total amount by having multiple suppliers - the easier to store versions should be reserved for rural locales with little available infrastructure for the deep refrigeration required; whereas urban centres have those kinds of facilities available.

AoD

Not only that - but you'd also have a greater total amount by having multiple suppliers - the easier to store versions should be reserved for rural locales with little available infrastructure for the deep refrigeration required; whereas urban centres have those kinds of facilities available.

AoD
That appears to be the plan. I read, I think a CBC article, that the Territories will sit this first round out and are holding out for the Moderna vaccine.

That appears to be the plan. I read, I think a CBC article, that the Territories will sit this first round out and are holding out for the Moderna vaccine.

Makes sense - though their health care providers should get the first round as well, just because of the nature of their work.

AoD

"The lowest temperature ever officially recorded in Canada and in North America is -63 °C (-81.4 °F) on February 3, 1947 at Snag, Yukon." From link.

Darn. Not cold enough. Still would need a freezer for the Pfizer vaccine.

The first vaccine expected to arrive in Saskatchewan, the Pfizer-BioNTech, must be stored at temperatures below -70 C. The Pfizer vaccine received Health Canada approval on Wednesday.

The Moderna mRNA-1273, which is next in line for approval, is more forgiving — but still must be stored at -20 C.

Vaccine a step forward down a long tunnel, says Etches

There are still unknowns with regards to the vaccine rollout, she said, from whether Health Canada will approve other contenders in addition to the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, to figuring out how to ensure vaccines are kept in the right conditions during distribution.

Its a baby step.

Back