News   Apr 24, 2024
 579     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 797     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 537     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

As I mentioned in previous posts we can certainly sustain a higher case load now than in the spring; however, there is a difference between becoming resigned to a level of community spread and complacency. The danger and test is to juggle living with sustained community spread and tipping into complacency which necessarily produces uncontrollable spread.

Western Europe failed this test. The US never even got to the starting point. I predict we will also fail but I'm hoping it takes as long as possible.

Ontario is looking to become a failure like our premier:

We haven't even seen any sustained drop in cases and we are rushing to open back up again. Those new guidelines are clearly BS - like you don't close anything until you hit 10% positivity rate - stuff that one pulls out of their rear despite the most "robust fall plan ever".

AoD

Last edited:

We haven't even seen any sustained drop in cases and we are rushing to open back up again. Those new guidelines are clearly BS - like you don't close anything until you hit 10% positivity rate - stuff that one pulls out of their rear despite the most "robust fall plan ever".

AoD

I just read their new framework. There are inconsistencies, and it is far less stringent. It's a recipe for disaster. Restaurants and bars opened, singing and dancing allowed... this is going to be a long winter.

I just read their new framework. There are inconsistencies, and it is far less stringent. It's a recipe for disaster. Restaurants and bars opened, singing and dancing allowed... this is going to be a long winter.

It's always a good sign when people in charge trying to convince you everything is working well - and yet have to change plans halfway through. It sure is the sign of a leadership that knew what it was doing.

AoD

I'm cautiously optimistic that this will be a more sustainable way to manage restrictions. I don't think there is good evidence that full lockdowns are required. This is a marathon, not a sprint, and we need to make it sustainable.

I mostly use surgical masks (I find they fit better/are more comfortable), are they saying this proposed mask is better?

I'm cautiously optimistic that this will be a more sustainable way to manage restrictions. I don't think there is good evidence that full lockdowns are required. This is a marathon, not a sprint, and we need to make it sustainable.

Sustainable? Very few businesses are restricted even now. We have a saying in French: chassez le naturel et il revient au galop - chase away your true nature and it will come running back at you. They are conservatives. The welfare of Ontarians is not their priority.

AoD
As I have stated many times, Doug Ford is apparently out of Dr. Jekyll potions. He has very much returned to his Mr. Hyde form.
Sustainable? Very few businesses are restricted even now. We have a saying in French: chassez le naturel et il revient au galop - chase away your true nature and it will come running back at you. They are conservatives. The welfare of Ontarians is not their priority.
Conservatives: Wealth over health

Reality: Health over wealth

You cannot bring your wealth with you after you die. Chinese Afterlife Banknotes are placebos (like any other religious superstition) at best and environmental hazards at worst. A deceased person cannot tell the difference between being cremated or being cryogenically sealed. Their wealth could only go into how elaborate their funeral and urn/burial be, as well as inheritances (and taxes as they are a price of civilization). In other words, the deceased cannot enjoy their wealth after being deceased.

Last edited:
So we are not going back to a modified stage two according to the new system unless case positivity is above 10 percent.

It’s a regional system but for Ontario as a whole that would look like 2500 cases a day at current testing levels, 5000 per day at promised levels, and 10,000 per day at promised December levels.

So in other words Ontario isn’t locking down even if we reach 10,000 cases a day?

So we are not going back to a modified stage two according to the new system unless case positivity is above 10 percent.

It’s a regional system but for Ontario as a whole that would look like 2500 cases a day at current testing levels, 5000 per day at promised levels, and 10,000 per day at promised December levels.

So in other words Ontario isn’t locking down even if we reach 10,000 cases a day?
As I read it, they consider all the factors and weigh them holistically. Not that all conditions need to be satisfied to move to phase 2.

Back