News   May 14, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   May 14, 2024
 544     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

If you been to malls you would know they are limiting capacity inside the malls.

I have been in many malls recently and no they are not.

I was in the Scarborough Town Centre yesterday and anyone can walk into the mall without hinderance.

They are limiting numbers inside the individual stores but not the mall itself. The Eaton Centre, Eglinton Square and Markville are the same way.

All this means is long lines and crowded hallways in malls while people wait outside stores to get inside.

Jasmine, how bad do you think those lines will be outside the stores?

Considering you can buy pretty much anything online (with a much better selection) nobody really needs to go into a mall

so you destroy all retail and just benefit amazon i see...

Which % of cases come from people shopping or from the mall and retail stores vs the economic disaster of closing all retail for 6 months to our local economy and our cities.

Like can we use some sense here?

Covid 19 is mostly spreading through bars, restaurants, people meeting in groups where people have close contact without masks. That is what should be controlled.

Our goal here is to mitigate the large vectors of spread to a manageable level, not eradicate covid 19.

Which % of cases come from people shopping or from the mall vs the economic disaster of closing all retail for 6 months to our local economy and our cities.

Like can we use some sense here?

Christmas means slammed malls full of shoppers. I would rather close them down than risk creating a breeding ground for the virus.

We try, to the extent possible, use 'bricks and mortar' stores, knowing that it becomes a 'use it or lose it' prospect, but acknowledge it isn't getting easier. Some large retailers are stocking less and showing more 'available online only'. This, coupled with empty shelves caused by disrupted supply chains. There are certain things I simply can't bring myself to buy online - that I have to touch it, feel it, try it on, etc.

It's been a greater leap for me than the missus. I even found myself ordering winter tires online, although if they arrive with last year's date codes I'm going to be miffed. Even at that, back ordered 3-4 weeks.

The missus has already started shopping, foreseeing possible availability issues at it give her a chance to check local stores and craft shops and, if a mall is necessary, beat the crowds.

Christmas means slammed malls full of shoppers. I would rather close them down than risk creating a breeding ground for the virus.

I like to look at the science and focus on places of the most spread then closing any place where it may spread out of paranoia.

This way we can reach a situation where we have a sustainable paradigm to deal with this.

Just cause you want to shut down everything, a lot of people dont. Now the people who dont are not selfish but feel that there has to be a better way or that we just have to live with a manageable number of cases.

Yes people say stop being selfish and stay home but its already been 6 months and we have no idea how many more months it will be.

I like to look at the science and focus on places of the most spread then closing any place where it may spread out of paranoia.

This way we can reach a situation where we have a sustainable paradigm to deal with this.

Just cause you want to shut down everything, a lot of people dont. Now the people who dont are not selfish but feel that there has to be a better way or that we just have to live with a manageable number of cases.

Yes people say stop being selfish and stay home but its already been 6 months and we have no idea how many more months it will be.

Are you a bot? For the sake of humanity and everything decent I hope you're joking.

The countries like China, New Zealand, Italy and Australia that have gone into hardcore lockdowns are far better off right now.

Countries like the US, Brazil and others that believe lockdowns are not needed are worse off.

You know how you find places with the most spread? You look for where all the infections are happening currently.

By the time you have evidence of community spread it is too late to do much. The cats out of the bag and the virus is spreading.

An ounce of prevention goes a long way. I'd rather act preventative and see no evidence of spread than do nothing and wait for the numbers to show we have a problem.

You know how you find places with the most spread? You look for where all the infections are happening currently.

By the time you have evidence of community spread it is too late to do much. The cats out of the bag and the virus is spreading.

An ounce of prevention goes a long way. I'd rather act preventative and see no evidence of spread than do nothing and wait for the numbers to show we have a problem.

Some experts have said that might be to late for the GTA and Ottawa.

Experts have said 4-6 weeks ago that would have worked now it won't there are to many cases and wide spread.

Are you a bot? For the sake of humanity and everything decent I hope you're joking.

The countries like China, New Zealand, Italy and Australia that have gone into hardcore lockdowns are far better off right now.

Countries like the US, Brazil and others that believe lockdowns are not needed are worse off.

NZ and Australia are separated from the world and dont border America so you cant compare to Canada and we had way more initial spread than those nations. We have no chance to eradicate the Virus but to just contain it.

China wielded people in their homes and I dont think we can do that or even push for curfews or further steps unless we put in war time measures.

Italy got hit really badly by the virus the first time than almost all nations and is now starting a new 2nd wave anyways.

You can advocate a hard lockdown all you want but it's not going to happen.

Last edited:

Back