News   Jul 15, 2024
 405     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 558     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 565     0 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Good she went back to work...

Cause I feel many people dont realize you will have to fight with millions of people for the same basic low paying jobs that they are now avoiding.

It's not like post covid thing will change.

As I said cerb needs a top up...if you make under 2k a month part time you get a top up.
That fix most of the issues.

Last edited:
I have noticed lately some grocery stores have relaxed its social distancing measures. Stores are way more crowded now than they were a month or two ago. And no line ups to get in. I think its a bit too soon for that.

I have noticed lately some grocery stores have relaxed its social distancing measures. Stores are way more crowded now than they were a month or two ago. And no line ups to get in. I think its a bit too soon for that.

I don't think social distancing at the stores were ever that well enforced (other than the total number of patrons allowed). It was no worse at the grocery stores - and at least everyone is wearing masks now, instead of the free for all that it was just a few weeks ago.

In other news:

The containers are back.

More locally:

What took them so long? :rolleyes:

AoD

Last edited:
Ontario announcing funding for a number of Covid-related research projects.

They run the gambit from Vaccines, to anti-virals, to disinfection techniques for N95 masks in a heathcare setting, to saliva-based Covid tests, to administering anesthetic by inhalation as for vented Covid patients.

I think there been lack of infections from stores.

I went shopping for the first time in weeks today. Someone on the door keeping count of how many people in the store at one time. All but two people were wearing masks. No arrows on the floor. There was a waiting line for the cashier with someone directing you to the next available one when it was your turn. I noticed a number of out of stock products -- are we having another run on groceries?

I went shopping for the first time in weeks today. Someone on the door keeping count of how many people in the store at one time. All but two people were wearing masks. No arrows on the floor. There was a waiting line for the cashier with someone directing you to the next available one when it was your turn. I noticed a number of out of stock products -- are we having another run on groceries?

I find that people tend to ignore arrows. period. Some products have been consistently missing since the early days - I can't seem to find Ragu pasta sauce pretty much anywhere.

AoD

Our local FB group had a long discussion about Ragu being discontinued or something a couple of months back.

Our local FB group had a long discussion about Ragu being discontinued or something a couple of months back.

I came across rumours like that, but I was able to find it fairly consistently before COVID - it disappeared shortly after mid-March. Managed to score some today at an Asian supermarket - at double the usual price!

AoD

I find that people tend to ignore arrows. period. Some products have been consistently missing since the early days - I can't seem to find Ragu pasta sauce pretty much anywhere.

AoD

Why on earth would you want such a thing!!

This is your chance to get moderately chef-y and make a good sauce from scratch.

You don't need to peel and seed your own tomatoes; just buy a bottle of passata; throw in as much garlic (minced on a rasp) as you like, some onion, some fresh basil leaves, good to go!

Want a bit more complexity; add some heat w/chilis; or consider a glass of red wine in w/the sauce.

I make my sauce from scratch; I don't peel or seed as taught to me by an Italian chef. Super simple. I'm growing my own tomatoes, and assuming that the raccoons don't eat them all again (I think I have foiled them this year), it won't be long before I'm making up a batch.

I grew up wiping down cans because you never know who or what has touched them. But we now know that transmission via surfaces doesn't seem to be a thing, hence the push for masks to stop us breathing on each other.

Back