News   Jul 15, 2024
 76     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.7K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     1 

Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (nCoV-2019)

Arguably this could go in another thread. But I think it fits here:

The Medical Officer of Health, for Toronto, Ms. DeVilla has been granted the right to intervene in a court case in which 2 divorced parents are feuding over whether the children should be vaccinated (the mother is opposed).

The relevance to Covid is that public health arguments are being advanced around whether a Covid vaccine will be widely adopted; and the MoH contends the justice system has an obligation to gatekeep pseudo-science out of the decision making process.

I've been one to get give DeVilla a hard time for what I feel has been a mishandled Covid response with poor prioritization etc.

But I like her choice to intervene here.

Also, let's look at today's Covid numbers. Some good news in there; though still some things to watch, and of course, anything other than zero cases, means work to do.

New Cases: 112 - 0.28% (new low)
Hospitalizations 115 (a reduction of 22, and new low)
ICU and ICU on Vent both up by 1 (wrong direction but not a big move) 31 and 22 respectively.
However, sadly, 9 people still lost their lives yesterday.

From Twitter thread linked above:

1594824099256.png

From CBC:

A few weeks ago:

Strip their licenses, shut the thing down.

AoD

Any business openly ignoring public health by-laws should be put out of business.

Any business openly ignoring public health by-laws should be put out of business.
...and business owners get no sympathy points for openly flouting health regulations.

Business owners are generally responsible for the well-being of their patrons.

The only time business owners are not responsible is if the patrons themselves agree to be responsible for themselves by signing a document.

For me the next shoe to drop once they get sensible mask policy sorted out is for public health to openly communicate where outbreaks are originating. I mean identifying individual businesses and residential buildings. This should not filter out here and there due to investigative reporting, it should be a vital cog in the Covid containment strategy.

^I'd love to hear the details of that one. The OPP are, in my extensive experience of being on the wrong end of the interaction, very professional and well-trained officers.

Meaning, the guy probably needed to be shot. Some people just need to get it the hard way....it's not police brutality, it's citizen stupidity.

I expect that after they followed him to his residence, he pulled out some guns and started shooting based on the reports of "loud bangs" from the neighbours

Back