News   Jul 26, 2024
 753     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.6K     2 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

So Rob and his people have decided not to do anymore interviews with CBC's As it happens or the Toronto Star. Ever! Just like a kid taking his football and going home because he was tackled. Talk about being sensitive. I think Rob is going to be micro managed to the point were he will not be allowed to talk to any media.

He is not the only one, i hear Hazel also has no intention...would you talk to somebody that is always putting you down.:confused:

So Rob and his people have decided not to do anymore interviews with CBC's As it happens or the Toronto Star. Ever! Just like a kid taking his football and going home because he was tackled. Talk about being sensitive. I think Rob is going to be micro managed to the point were he will not be allowed to talk to any media. Soon he'll be running and hiding from all MSM like the PM and only dish out prepared statements, instead of answer difficult questions. He isn't even mayor yet. It's going to be a long four years.

Damn, where's Canada's version of TMZ when you need one? I might actually watch it if they have a dedicated Rob Ford paparazzo.

He's not media friendly, but the families, many of them immigrants, that live in the burbds aren't nearly as vain as the anglo-saxon downtowners. And it's this continuous high-brow attitude that fueled his campaign - some people still don't get it.

You know what? With all the anti-elite rhetoric spewing out of Rob Ford and other right wing populists, being an educated downtowner is kind of edgy, subversive and the new cool thing to be. Having a graduate degree is like the new punk rock.

socrates_paint.jpg

Last edited:
He is not the only one, i hear Hazel also has no intention...would you talk to somebody that is always putting you down.:confused:

Actually, yes, if I was in a position that involved having to speak to the media I would view it as a responsibility no matter the opposing view. It's no different than athletes and coaches who have to deal with beat writers on a daily basis. And for a man who calls himself a football coach, I'd expect that he'd understand the concept.

Where did you hear this? As It Happens weren't exactly asking tough questions.
The Grand Exalted Leader was made to look bad.

Unfortunately, it is illegal to execute people for that in Canada. For now.

Until then, only the Leader's approved media may print approved news releases lest the Leader be embarassed again.

Actually, yes, if I was in a position that involved having to speak to the media I would view it as a responsibility no matter the opposing view.
I'm sure whomever he refuses to do interviews with will still report on what he says to other sources. It's not as if he's going to deprive everyone of his sage wisdom by telling the CBC and the Star to fuck off.

And for a man who calls himself a football coach, I'd expect that he'd understand the concept.
Doesn't he coach essentialy high school football? Not really the level they send beat writers out for.

I don't blame Rob for cutting the interview short. That CBC lady was annoying as hell dripping words out of her mouth so as to sound important.

That CBC lady is no spring chicken when it comes to interviewing people. Over the years, she has interviewed the leaders provincial and federal parties. Many leaders of other nations. Activist, terrorists, show biz personalities, and hundreds of every day folk that do both good and bad deeds. She is known to ask some pretty tough questions to people that make Rob Ford look like a two year old. Which is pretty much how he behaves whenever he opens his mouth. Do you know why he wants to "stop the gravy train"? So he can get on!

Last edited:
That joke was already used on election day, by a Ford supporter no less. ;)

I wasn't joking. Regardless of how much $$ Ford tries to put back into our pockets, our $$ will end up back in the city's coffers via some other means. He can promise whatever he likes, but no level of government has ever asked for less and given me more.

I wasn't joking. Regardless of how much $$ Ford tries to put back into our pockets, our $$ will end up back in the city's coffers via some other means. He can promise whatever he likes, but no level of government has ever asked for less and given me more.
?

If anything, that would suggest asking for less (money) and potentially providing less (services). I know he said he won't cut services, but he probably will.

?

If anything, that would suggest asking for less (money) and potentially providing less (services). I know he said he won't cut services, but he probably will.

Providing less services or asking user of a service to pay more.

Back