News   Jul 23, 2024
 308     0 
News   Jul 23, 2024
 372     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 982     1 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

Rob Ford quote of the night "Four years from tonight you will look back and say Rob Ford did exactly what he said he was going to do.""

Already said he'd serve multiple terms… but only if he accomplishes something with the subways.

Okay, good call.

What do you think the new subways will look like?
ttcV5.png

Will this be good?

Yes, Rob Ford has clearly expressed his love for capital spending and transit. I too often support candidates in the hopes that they will do things completely contrary to their vision.

It included one subway that he sort of half-heartedly suggested. There isn't some kind of Sarah Thomson-esque subway plan hiding under his platform. No mention of Transit in his speech tonight.

Many people have the perception that Toronto is a liberal, tolerant city. And now I simply do not believe this to be true. Rob Ford was a naked bigot and an anti-intellectual. And yet he won by a wide margin.

Who is Rob Ford's base? He's alienated immigrants with his comments, so I find it hard to believe he got the vote of the inner suburbs. He's clearly anti-urban so I doubt the people living within the old city of Toronto voted for him.

Cmon lol. That system of subway lines will never be built under any mayor anytime soon. It would be nice though, as cities such as Chicago and Atlanta have a population close to ours but have a subway similar to the one above.

Back