News   Jul 16, 2024
 676     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 601     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 740     2 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

I pray that a lot of Panatlone supporters will panic and vote for Smitherman. This will be the only way to prevent four years of Ford hell. If they cared anything about the city, they would not be voting for Joe Pants.

She's a great person and not generally racist, but the fact that she would vote for a destructive candidate such as Ford so that a Jewish man doesn't become Mayor, really cooled me to her. I hope to let it fade away, but I am quite disappointed.

I pray that a lot of Panatlone supporters will panic and vote for Smitherman. This will be the only way to prevent four years of Ford hell. If they cared anything about the city, they would not be voting for Joe Pants.

You fool, it's not about the city, it's about them and their feelings.

We'd need a huge gamechanger for that to happen. The polling shows a dead heat. But the undecided leans toward Smitherman. Half of Pantalone's support leans toward Smitherman. And polls have indicated that Smitherman supporters have a higher intent of actually voting than Ford supporters.

Here's my forecast:

Smitherman 47
Ford 39
Pantalone 11
Other 3

nfitz, any last minute change of mind as to your predictions? I also think that the growth opportunities favour Smitherman but this entire election has defied logic.

Smitherman ain't Jewish though. Ironically, most Jews I know are big Rob Ford supporters, fund raise for him and are making certain their community gets out to vote for him. Quite a few of them are from the Orthodox side of the community, so of course they'd never vote for a gay guy.

It'll be interesting (and I suspect it will happen) to see Joe's supporters, whom I'm willing to bet are mostly Italian and Portuguese....now that Metroman has said he lived in Portugal, his support makes sense.... If RF was Portuguese, I bet he'd vote for him!

Last edited:
I can't believe people in the suburbs are complaining. Miller tried to give you some transit city lines and Ford says he'll cut them all even though they are heavily provincially funded. Now THAT is looking out for the suburbs!

Transit city is a monument to David Miller. People in the suburbs, watching their employment migrate to the 905 regions have little interest in transit expansion that does not serve their needs. Priority neighborhoods need hope and opportunity, not basketball courts for politicians to point to as an example of their sympathy.

Transit city is a monument to David Miller. People in the suburbs, watching their employment migrate to the 905 regions have little interest in transit expansion that does not serve their needs. Priority neighborhoods need hope and opportunity, not basketball courts for politicians to point to as an example of their sympathy.

I am from Scarborough and my entire family still lives there. They were VERY interested in transit city and thought the lines would help them a lot. They never once mentioned their job moving to the 905.

To counter the claim by CTV that they couldn't find a single Smitherman supporter outside a poll in Scarborough, I was talking to people outside a polling station in Ward 19 Trinity Spadina and I couldn't find a single person who voted for Ford. About Smitherman 10-2 Pantalone.

nfitz, any last minute change of mind as to your predictions? I also think that the growth opportunities favour Smitherman but this entire election has defied logic.

This entire election has defied common sense...

I'm happy to say that I'm now living in Ottawa, where I just voted for Jim Watson. I'm happy to have had at least one competent choice in the mayoral pool.

10 Smitherman to 2 Pants. It's a completely unrepresentative poll but if those numbers hold true in Pantalone's own ward, then we might be pleasantly surprised tonight.

It's a completely unrepresentative poll but if those numbers hold true in Pantalone's own ward, then we might be pleasantly surprised tonight.

I really doubt we will be pleasantly surprised tonight. I'm just trying to get you emotionally ready for the inevitable. Scarborough/Etobicoke is going to be like 100% Ford and then he will even steal lots of votes in ridings that he loses. Add to that the number of Pantalone voters that won't switch and I find it very hard to believe that Ford won't win this.
I don't want him to win. I'm just being realistic.

10 Smitherman to 2 Pants. It's a completely unrepresentative poll but if those numbers hold true in Pantalone's own ward, then we might be pleasantly surprised tonight.

No worries, MM, so was the bogus garbage poll CTV was pandering at noon.. your's, is probably more scientific as to the 3 or 4 ppl they probably talked to before deciding it was ready to share their stellar find with the world!

Back