News   Jul 26, 2024
 753     0 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.9K     2 
News   Jul 26, 2024
 1.6K     2 

Next Mayor of Toronto?

Sorry, I know its obvious, but I was actually asking; is Ford her second choice? She'd be ok with Ford as mayor?

She detests Ford more than most. Her logic is that because she also dislikes Smitherman, she can't give him her vote...she doesn't agree with strategic voting/lesser of two evils logic...and if on the very off chance Joe somehow pulls up the middle and has a chance, she wouldn't be happy with taking a vote away from him.

CTV:

Ford: 43.9%
Smitherman: 40.5%
Pants: 15%
Undecided: 18.5%

And Pants, after casting his vote, says its the big day in 8 days that counts and he's going to take it.

Last edited:
Hopeful excerpt from the CTV article:

Pantalone's supporters appear more willing to change their minds, however. Only 47.5 per cent of his base consider themselves firm supporters.

"I'm not at all bothered by it. Eight days is eight lifetimes. Torontonians are smart people," Pantalone told CTV News.

Another 23.8 per cent are somewhat firm, leaving more than a quarter of his supporters considering themselves somewhat or entirely open to changing their mind before election day.

Link http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...ronto-poll-101017/20101017?hub=TorontoNewHome

Margin of error 3.1 percent, making this just short of a statistical dead heat. Most interesting factoid: less than half of Joe supporters say they are certain of their support, compared with 65-70 percent for George and Rob.

Time for Joe to do the right thing.

Dont quote me on the numbers, because i was just casually watching the CTV news. Ford 43%, Smitherman 40%, Pants 15%. Ford's and Smithermans support is solid. 50% of Pants support is soft. 18% is undecided. I think Smitherman has this.

A critique of the "Toronto Sun" written in one sentence paragraphs and using "forth" instead of "fourth" in a shot at their allegedly limited vocabulary.

Not a personal attack, just too delicious to pass up.

Boy, is my face red. To clarify, the brief one sentence paragraphs I used were meant as mockery. The misspelling of 'fourth'...grr...damn you spell-check and your total disregard of homonyms!!! One day someone will release a browser with on-the-fly grammar-check. :D

As long as this race is within 1-2% for Smitherman, and the last poll shows something along those lines, I think we'll see a lot of Pantalone supporters jump ship, even though he isn't going to drop out. Fingers crossed! This is going to be a very nervy election night.

One argument I heard for wavering Joe supporters: voting for him will make you feel good for five minutes. Ford as mayor will be a disaster for four years.

400_cp24_poll_101710.jpg

400_cp24_poll_firm_101710.jpg

According to CP24, this poll had a sample size of 1000, higher than both previous polls we've had and was taken by "very likely" voters. Given that 18% are still undecided, yet "very likely" to vote, and almost a quarter of Pants' supporters are seriously considering switching to another candidate, I think Smitherman has a lot of potential to increase his numbers at the expense of Joe.

Again, among ALL voters

Ford 36
Smitherman 34
Pants 12
Undecided 18

Ford's lead is statistically insignificant. The last few polls seem to indicate Ford is in the lead, but by a very slim margin - no more than 2%. Once again, Ford's in the 37-ish range he's been sitting at for months.

Or, indeed, being blamed for four-plus years of Ford. That's what I don't get--does Joe really want to be the guy who puts Ford over the top?

What's even more baffling is David Miller telling people to ignore the media and vote for Joe. Really? Does he really think that Somehow magically, the polls will be wrong by as much as 30% in his favour? Does Miller really want to see his legacy of 7 years destroyed in under 1?

I've got some hard core Joe supporters who also won't change their mind. Some have already cast their votes for him.

Back