News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 463     0 

New TTC Subway Cars

This is Toronto. It's not Key West or Provincetown. Although some of those talk radio types might think so...

You must know that the people who voted / suggested this name are the same people who so many years ago chose the name the Toronto Raptors (at the height of Jurassic Park hype of course) :lol

Not really. The commision members selected the name.

I think the Raptor name was chosen entirely by the public. To be honest, it wasn't too bad and better than other suggestions.

I remember the Toronto John Candy being one of the shortlist names for the NBA team. Seriously.

One thing's for sure... Houston beat Toronto to naming their team the "Rockets".

If the Raptor's were named in reference to birds of prey it would be better suited. Now- if there were a Calgary NBA Team the dinosaur reference would be much more appropriate.

The Toronto Rocket- blah. I think the TTC should focus more on customer service and interpersonal skills rather than pet names for their vehicles.

given our rich musical heritage... whad 'bout........

The Toronto Rock-its?

6- pack is pretty good.

I'm just going to keep calling it the "iron worm".

The only good thing about this name is that drivers and those in the know will probably simply refer to the new trainsets as the "TR1" and not "Toronto Rocket One."

Tunnel Packer? Isn't that what they call the BART trains in San Francisco (oh get off the stage booo hsss)

Somebody I know suggested the name Silver Bullet (S-class?), which sort of goes with Red Rocket and sounds more distinctive IMO.

I'm surprised that hipsters haven't latched onto the irony of the TTC's lame-o PR campaign. Somebody should silkscreen the "garbage goblins" or "They are among us" ads onto American Apparel T-shirts. Well, until the TTC lawyers come after them, of course.

Back