New Poll (2): Your Gender

Your Gender?

• Female

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Male

Votes: 98 95.1%

• Total voters
^^ LOL Prometheus.

This is going to be an interesting poll. It'd be convenient to collect this type of data from forum registrations and/or have the option to set it in user profiles.

I'm not surprised by the result, but is there a reason that women aren't interested in architecture or urban issues?

When I saw this poll I thought to myself 90% men, and the percentage was even higher: 95.45% at present.

Sausage-Fest3small.jpg

lol! amongst other things, i guess those two ladies represent the two female members on this forum. but whose sausage is the one on the left holding?

I think there are only a few women on here because most of the rest of them have dates... or prefer what ever the current equivalent to "Sex in the City" is to spending time on their computers.

Some parts of the forum probably engage women more than others. For the life of me, I can't remember a transit planner or scholar who was female. There are a few who work in accessibility planning and social equity, like Susan Handy at UC Davis, but few who work with the more technocratic aspects of transit planning that we tend to focus on here.

A very good friend of mine who is a girl once bought me a streetcar fan video for my birthday to basically poke fun of my nerdiness. We watched it at her house for jokes, and after 45 minutes she admitted that there was not a shred of feminine interest in the subject: traditionally 'male' interests like sports, cars and even hunting were more approachable subjects to women than trying to find fascination with the technological development of Peter Witt streetcars.

Back