133     0 
News   May 29, 2024
 1.2K     5 
News   May 29, 2024
 2.7K     7 

New Office Tower Planned for Montreal

M

mpolo2

I know its called Urban Toronto, but just an FYI that we are not the only city (and Calgary obviously) with some building (though 28 stories - pfff)

news_37.jpg

MONTREAL – SITQ, an international real estate developer with offices in Canada, is teaming up with Hines, also an international real estate firm, to develop a $150-million office building in the centre of Montreal’s central business district. The 28-storey building, designed by Montreal-based Menkès Shooner Dagenais Letourneux and Pickard Chilton Architects, New Haven, Conn., will offer 400,000 sq. ft. of office space and eight levels of above-ground parking.

The project's architectural focal point will be a three-storey glass and steel winter garden at the main entrance. The building will be the first multi-tenant office building in Montreal to be LEED certified.

The Centre CDP Capital building, another SITQ property in Montreal, has been awarded Go Green Plus certification by the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA), which makes SITQ the first Quebec recipient to be recognized by this environmental certification program.

"We are very proud to see our environmental efforts acknowledged under the Go Green Plus program, especially given that we have the first building in Quebec to meet these new performance standards," said Guy Lamarre, general manager, real estate management, SITQ.

SITQ, with offices in Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver and Belgium, is a real estate investment, management and development firm composed of six financial institutions and pension funds. Hines is involved in real estate investment, development and property management and has offices in 64 U.S. cities and 15 other countries. The two firms currently have two other joint-projects under construction in Paris, France.

This is certainly handsome and its one heck of an open lobby for a tower of this height. Good for Montreal.

What's the location?

That looks like it could be Place Montreal Trust across the street. Metcalfe Street north of Ste-Catharine?

This can go in the buildings section since it has nothing to do with T.O.

BTW, it the design reminds me of the Mars East Tower.

i think it's de maisonneuve and metcalfe. they have had a sign up there at an empty lot for more then 6 months advertising the tower.

This project has been around for years. I would say at least 4 since I first heard about it.

A handsome building, and with the huge atrium lobby it should have a commanding street presence. Is that the Sheraton Centre next door? If so it might be located on Rene Levesque Blvd, or as I call it- Dorchester.

Looks like it might be the old Sun Life building in the background, but I'm not sure.

It's a handsome building and will be a good addition to any corner in Montreal. Good to see!

Yup, that's old Sun Life, she's still what she used to be.

New tower: not really that *special* special, though that's not bad, necessarily...

will offer 400,000 sq. ft. of office space and eight levels of above-ground parking.
Wonder why the above-ground parking? Hard to tell in the rendering, so I'm thinking this "may" be a typo.

Woo-hoo!

There's plenty of other things to name after Le Gros Nez. How about the racist and anti-semitic Lionel Groulx? Oh, yeah, he's a nationalist hero. Or one of the many non-existant saints, like Zotique. And there's also The Boulevard.

Dare I suggest that this is a very Toronto style building?

20 years from now, we'll be yawning at this the way we now yawn over 80s PoMo and LateMo office towers by WZMH, et al...

Back