588     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 557     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 688     2 

New "naked scanners" coming to Pearson Airport

Imagine the fun one can have
forward-march-hare-2.jpg

At least this will mostly be impacting US bound passengers. I doubt they'll be implementing this for travel within Canada. The downside is that flights to/from southern Ontario could now take a lot longer as airlines will have to choose between fully screening passengers (to be allowed to transit through US airspace) or having to take the long way around.

How can I get a job screening the scanners there? ;)

Seriously though, I believe measures such as taking off shoes, no carrying of liquids, scanners etc. are more to give the public a perception of safety rather than really preventing a determined individual from getting something on-board a plane to cause a disaster. Besides aircraft there are many other ways to cause death and destruction, I'm really surprised (but thankful) that there haven't been any successful non-aircraft hits in the US or Canada since the former "War on Terror" began. Money should be allocated to intelligence and covert operations that our governments keep secret about so that no one knows what steps are really being taken to help prevent future attacks.

Some may laugh, some may get mad but I think governments should be recruiting and training top secret Muslim James Bond type people who can live among, infiltrate and assassinate these radical leaders and their followers - take them all out. Yemen is all the rage in the news lately but these groups are in countries all over the world, including Canada. I think that Golda Meir had the right idea.

The fascist control grid is tightening up :)

it's all part of a plan to make them want and accept more government control. ;)

They were all inside jobs to begin with.

Everyone should watch a few Alex Jones documentaries. "Fall of the Republic", "The Obama Deception", "Truth Rising", "Martial Law 9-11: Rise of the Police State".
Aaron Russo's "America: Freedom to Fascism" is a good one too.

Seriously, get out.

Everyone should watch a few Alex Jones documentaries. "Fall of the Republic", "The Obama Deception", "Truth Rising", "Martial Law 9-11: Rise of the Police State".
Aaron Russo's "America: Freedom to Fascism" is a good one too.
This is Canada. Why would I care what some American is saying about democracy or laws in the USA? You might as well quote some documentaries from Norway or New Zealand. Don't you have any Canadian material to support your POV?

My sentiments.....

What's there to stop these groups from using children?

Yes. I agree with this comment. Those groups that want to terrorize and try and hurt us in the west and this includes Canada, are not going to just use adults. If they can recruit young people, they'll do it. Surprise that the people screaming about privacy issues haven't thought about this.

Don't get me wrong though.

I don't like seeing more and more security measures and intrusive techniques but there are people out there hell bent on causing problems for us. I'm surprised that no one has actually carried out an terrorist act in Canada yet. Just a matter of time though.

If you listen to someone like Terry Fatah, you get a good idea of what certain groups throughout the muslim world have in store for us and what steps they're taking to plan and carrry out attacks. And if they don't succeed? Good old fashion panic in the population will do as just well.

Yes. I agree with this comment. Those groups that want to terrorize and try and hurt us in the west and this includes Canada, are not going to just use adults. If they can recruit young people, they'll do it. Surprise that the people screaming about privacy issues haven't thought about this.

Children (presumably under 18 years of age) will not be screened in Canada using the scanners as per a report on The National this week.

Yeah.....

Good thing children are never used in suicide or terror attacks. :rolleyes:

Which is precisely why this new rule excluding under the age of 18 is silly. They're going to try and get someone younger to carry out something with this rule in place.

Don't get me wrong though.

I don't like seeing more and more security measures and intrusive techniques but there are people out there hell bent on causing problems for us. I'm surprised that no one has actually carried out an terrorist act in Canada yet. Just a matter of time though.

If you listen to someone like Terry Fatah, you get a good idea of what certain groups throughout the muslim world have in store for us and what steps they're taking to plan and carrry out attacks. And if they don't succeed? Good old fashion panic in the population will do as just well.

Do you mean Tarek Fatah?

Which is precisely why this new rule excluding under the age of 18 is silly. They're going to try and get someone younger to carry out something with this rule in place.

impossible. fundamentalist tendencies don't start until you're 18. everybody knows that. ;)

By scanning everyone we're assuming that everyone is an equal threat. Even if we must do that for political correctness, we still have the problem that instead of looking for people fitting known terrorist profiles (i.e. Muslim, male, citizen or born of Muslim countries, ticket purchase pattern, etc), we are looking for an increasing list of banned objects. Objects don't take down planes, it's people that do.

Back