News   May 06, 2024
 539     1 
News   May 06, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 704     1 

New day, new political scandal

If the Conservatives are so angry about compensating this lady who was abused by her government, why not garnish, say, 20% from the paycheques of their MPs?

According to my numbers, the 2.5 million will be paid off in 6 months and 3 weeks.

She is indeed owed a debt. She's suing for $2.5 million, and I think she deserves it.

She'll probably get it. I am more concerned by the events (if true) that transpired at that consulate. Why would the staff act have such a cavalier and condascending attitude towards a person claiming to be Canadian? And on top of all that, I believe the G&M (or could have been the NP) published a letter from the embassy handing over the passport to Kenyan authorities and suggesting prosecution. That's just bizarre behaviour from the staff. And it does not seem like just one or two people at the embassy were causing problems.

If the Conservatives are so angry about compensating this lady who was abused by her government, why not garnish, say, 20% from the paycheques of their MPs?

According to my numbers, the 2.5 million will be paid off in 6 months and 3 weeks.

Would you want your paycheque docked 20% because somebody, somewhere else in the company screwed up? I disagree that a MP should have his/her pay docked because some consular official in Kenya refused to believe a woman who claimed to be Canadian, despite being given lots of evidence (driver's license, passport, health card, citizenship card, etc.). She deserves her 2.5 million just like Maher Arar. But docking the pay of MPs everytime there is the slightest mistake by any employee of the Government of Canada is ridiculous.

Would you want your paycheque docked 20% because somebody, somewhere else in the company screwed up?

Obviously not at a level comparable to 20%, but I presume most readers are aware of the ultimate source of the $2.5 million (or whatever it turns out to be)?

Of course you should Sue whenever you are wronged like this.

There is no reward in being modest in this situation.

I remember people saying Micheal Arar did not deserve 10 million dollars, because he "appeared to look pretty good for getting tortured." :mad:

Opinions on the senate appointments anyone? The cires of hypocrisy were hard to supress the first time he appointed, but this time it's pretty blatant!

I have heard from several people now that this is a run up to Harper resigning in September, due to major family tumult (his wife is divorcing him) and a loss of internal party support. Since he is leaving, there isn't much need for credibility anymore.

Would you want your paycheque docked 20% because somebody, somewhere else in the company screwed up? I disagree that a MP should have his/her pay docked because some consular official in Kenya refused to believe a woman who claimed to be Canadian, despite being given lots of evidence (driver's license, passport, health card, citizenship card, etc.). She deserves her 2.5 million just like Maher Arar. But docking the pay of MPs everytime there is the slightest mistake by any employee of the Government of Canada is ridiculous.

It's in jest. Every time those brown people get mistreated by counsular officials and the Government of Canada, the Harpies must shriek, "How dare he/she decides to sue you/me for $X million!" as if the government should not be held accountable to its citizens.

This was my "solution" to this "problem".

Opinions on the senate appointments anyone? The cires of hypocrisy were hard to supress the first time he appointed, but this time it's pretty blatant!

I have heard from several people now that this is a run up to Harper resigning in September, due to major family tumult (his wife is divorcing him) and a loss of internal party support. Since he is leaving, there isn't much need for credibility anymore.

Where did you hear that he was getting a divorce? And if he was planning to resign, why did he just restructure his office staff?

It seems to me that he might have chosen the most cravenly partisan patronage appointments, perhaps in a bid to further discredit the Senate to aid in his attempts to dismantle it. Of course, it's all a farce, because nothing can be done about the Senate without consitutional reform. Any law he attempts to pass regulating senate appointments is worthless bullshit, just like his fixed election dates, etc.

It's in jest. Every time those brown people get mistreated by counsular officials and the Government of Canada, the Harpies must shriek, "How dare he/she decides to sue you/me for $X million!" as if the government should not be held accountable to its citizens.

This was my "solution" to this "problem".

Except when it was Mulroney suing the government, while conveniently forgetting to mention he received cash payments (not bribes, of course) from Schreiber.

Where did you hear that he was getting a divorce? And if he was planning to resign, why did he just restructure his office staff?

I've heard it from two separte sources. Both are involved in federal politics, not Tory, but they have credibilty to talk about the situation. They both gave them same story: Harper's wife has moved back to Alberta and they no longer speak. Harper wants to resign to try and save the marriage, but his wife, who is not evangelical, isn't interested and want's a divorce.

It was several weeks agao they told me and I wasn't sure, but now I've seen other people posting about it on comment sections of news sites and blogs, so I think it is legitimate.

But ultimately, it's not confirmed, so take it as you like.

I've heard it from two separte sources. Both are involved in federal politics, not Tory, but they have credibilty to talk about the situation. They both gave them same story: Harper's wife has moved back to Alberta and they no longer speak. Harper wants to resign to try and save the marriage, but his wife, who is not evangelical, isn't interested and want's a divorce.

It was several weeks agao they told me and I wasn't sure, but now I've seen other people posting about it on comment sections of news sites and blogs, so I think it is legitimate.

But ultimately, it's not confirmed, so take it as you like.

a reply with a song:

[video=youtube;OsayCi8DDIs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsayCi8DDIs[/video]

Back