News   May 01, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 01, 2024
 296     0 
News   May 01, 2024
 348     0 

MPPs vote to continue using Lord's Prayer; would you scrap it or keep it?

do you support daily recital of the lord’s prayer in the ontario legislature?

• Total voters
even the bible is on my side!

here's three bible versions.......

Matthew 6:5-6 (Contemporary English Version)

5 When you pray, don't be like those show-offs who love to stand up and pray in the meeting places and on the street corners. They do this just to look good. I can assure you that they already have their reward. 6 When you pray, go into a room alone and close the door. Pray to your Father in private. He knows what is done in private, and he will reward you.

Matthew 6:5-6 (New International Version)

5"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Matthew 6:5-6 (English Standard Version)

The Lord’s Prayer

5"And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 6 But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

I was wondering: is there a Jesse James Bible - you know - with added violence?

Or a Sweet Baby James Bible?
jt-time-cover.jpg

AliG-Harv-cutdown.jpg

And when ya pray, ya mus' not be like da hypocrites. For dey love ta stand an' pray in da synagogues an' at da street corners, dat dey may be seen by others. Truly, I say ta ya, dey gots received they reward. But when ya pray, jet into yo' room an' shut da do' an' pray ta yo' Father who iz in secret. And yo' Father who sees in secret will reward ya. what 'chew trippin foo'

Back