News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.1K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 567     1 

Moving out

Actually all you need to do is bow every five minutes and you'll convince 90% of people dining at a "Japanese" restaurant.

Actually all you need to do is bow every five minutes and you'll convince 90% of people dining at a "Japanese" restaurant.

i can see your humour.
but bowing is common in korea too
therefore bowing in koran restaurants make you look korean.
not probable to pass for each case, but not impossible :p

Are you going to be an undergrad? How much is rez these days? I thought U of T guarantees rooms to out-of-town students?

Are you going to be an undergrad? How much is rez these days? I thought U of T guarantees rooms to out-of-town students?

for undergrad its about $10,000 (including meal plan)

price range varies with accomodation type. ex: single br, double br. w/ or w/o meal plan etc etc/

About 1 in 5 Canadians SPEAK French, no Canadian IS French (unless they are a dual citizen) and only about 1/8 is a native French speaker.
Well that's not really a fair way to say it. We talk about English Canadians and French Canadians all the time. Clearly when he said French he was meaning French Canadian ... and I certainly have heard that used a lot ... when people say they are English in Canada most don't sound British!

1 in 5 speak French? Higher than that. The 2006 census says 22% have a mother tongue of French, and 58% have a mother tongue of English. But while my mother tongue is English, I can certainly speak French! So it's great than 22% ... I'd think 1/4 is an underestimate.

More than 1/5 is a native French speaker ... why would you say 1/8?

Edit - oh, I just found the 2006 census table on language knowledge. The total number of French speakers is almost 31%; English speakers is 85%, with 1.7% speaking neither

Last edited:
Edit - oh, I just found the 2006 census table on language knowledge. The total number of French speakers is almost 31%; English speakers is 85%, with 1.7% speaking neither

eh? did I count right? That's over 100%.

85+1.7+31=117.7%

eh? did I count right? That's over 100%.

85+1.7+31=117.7%

keep in mind the numbers overlap. for example. some speak both english AND french. i find it more interesting that part of the population speak "neither." are they dead? mute? just for laughs.

keep in mind the numbers overlap. for example. some speak both english AND french. i find it more interesting that part of the population speak "neither." are they dead? mute? just for laughs.

some new immigrants speak neither language.

Back