News   Jul 16, 2024
 676     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 601     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 739     2 

Moving out

Movin' out...to Toronto...

NF: I think that you will really get into living in Toronto. I remember when I was that age Toronto made me feel welcome and I kept coming back because I liked it a lot.

This title made me think of the Billy Joel song title of the same name and I am thinking "Who needs a house out in Newmarket if that's all you get for your money" changing the "Hackensack" name to reflect Toronto.

Let's hope things work out well for you in Toronto! Thoughts by LI MIKE

French is not a real language, as much as it is a stepping stone toward learning a real language, like Italian, Spanish or German.

Last edited:
what should I prepare to move out? I will not be attending university until next september so I will be working to pay off rent+food+etc.

1. amount of money saved up.
2. Best area to work. Im korean, but am not very good at speaking korean.
3. possible rent cost
4. other costs?
5. anything people should know when moving out for the first time.
6. ANY ADVICE

answers in the above mentioned numbered format would be appreciated:):):)

French is not a real language, as much as it is a stepping stone toward learning a real language, like Italian, Spanish or German.
What? Or is that just some strange philosphical thought that didn't come out right?

... odd thought ... as languages go, English is surely the language that's less real than any other ... it's such a mish-mash ...

You can get a bar back job in a day or two of looking. They're plentiful. It's not a fancy job and you work late so there's a high turn over.

If you're able to stay with the job, there's a good chance that you can become a bartender. I've seen it happen with multiple people.

The best payoff in an easy to get job is being a waiter. But if your goal is to become a bartender, your best chance is to either start at a club from the bottom (bar back) or to get a certificate and be very attractive.

I've had a couple of friends go straight to bartending with just a few lessons. Clubs hire attractive and likeable people to work behind their bars. That's how they make money.

What? Or is that just some strange philosphical thought that didn't come out right?

... odd thought ... as languages go, English is surely the language that's less real than any other ... it's such a mish-mash ...

I think he was kidding.

Back