417     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 624     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 497     0 

Most Dangerous Neighbourhood(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the fact that people are shooting guns more often in the above neighbourhoods doesn't bother you?
the point is, where there are more shootings,there are more drugs and gangs and violent crimes
I would be willing to bet that most of the crimes that happen downtown are commited by those whom come from outside of downtown

The media really only makes news of dramatic killings/shootings..especially when it's a white person such as creba,or o'keefe (shot outside brass rail)
or a child. they don't mention people caught in crossfire. There have been so many shootings in lawrence heights (I work there) in the last three years. I can see bullet holes in some of the buildings/houses I visit

one of the most dramatic shootings ever caught on video happened in lawrence heights where 6 young males were shot point blank in a doorway

So, the fact that people are shooting guns more often in the above neighbourhoods doesn't bother you?
the point is, where there are more shootings,there are more drugs and gangs and violent crimes
I would be willing to bet that most of the crimes that happen downtown are commited by those whom come from outside of downtown

The media really only makes news of dramatic killings/shootings..especially when it's a white person such as creba,or o'keefe (shot outside brass rail)
or a child. they don't mention people caught in crossfire. There have been so many shootings in lawrence heights (I work there) in the last three years. I can see bullet holes in some of the buildings/houses I visit

one of the most dramatic shootings ever caught on video happened in lawrence heights where 6 young males were shot point blank in a doorway

Not in particular. I don't mind drugs or gangs as long as they keep it among themselves. They have the right to enjoys things that make them happy as long as they work hard to afford it (so being lazy and jobless is a bigger sin). And by joining a gang, they accepted the risks associated with it and I respect that. I am more worried that they are usually bad shots. If all of them take some shoot lessons and/or do it in point blank range, we wouldn't have cases like Creba or O'keefe or a child.

The bottom line is that it's so rare that I don't think anywhere in Toronto can be called dangerous in term of murders, except maybe for gang members. Jane and Finch scares me since it seems to have a lot of sex assaults and robbery.

Crime is down and that's a great thing. It's the reality that everyone should know, rather than the dark picture one might get only from watching the sensationalistic evening news stories. But it's still concerning that guns seem to be used more often in violent crime, because it's so easy to harm or endanger the life of an innocent person with a gun versus a knife. It creates so much more fear. One hears stories of people who had bullets pierce their windows. The oft-quoted homicide number doesn't go up, but people had their lives put at risk and may be very fearful and want to move.

I have lived in the U.S. for a while and even our worst neighborhoods seem like Pleasantville compared to some of the places south of the border.
Having street smarts and common sense goes a long way when walking at night or in quiet or sketchy neighborhoods.

Almost all our gun violence is caused by and involves young black men of Caribbean descent - it really is that specific, it's nothing to do with race, but everything to do with the combination of age, gender and cultural origins. As long as you're outside of that very specific group, you're almost guaranteed statistically to never see gun violence in your life.

Clearly, Regent Park is still scary. I wonder how that will affect sales at the recently hot Daniel's project in the area? Apparently it was selling fast just a few days ago:

http://twitter.com/AndrewLaFleur
One Park West update: all one beds and one plus dens are SOLD OUT! Lot of agents (including myself) going home. But..there's a wait list :) 3:26 PM Oct 6th via Twitter for iPhone

Err, I think I'll rescind my offer and buy elsewhere!

Last edited:
I live just up the road in Cabbagetown, and I feel no fear for myself or kids for what goes on in Regent. As long as you're out of the crime demographic, you've got more to fear from red light runners when you cross the street.

In the Entertainment District, the danger comes from out of control guys fighting over women who aren't their girlfriends, drunks who can't shoot straight, and slipping on frozen vomit in the winter.

Not in particular. I don't mind drugs or gangs as long as they keep it among themselves. They have the right to enjoys things that make them happy as long as they work hard to afford it (so being lazy and jobless is a bigger sin). And by joining a gang, they accepted the risks associated with it and I respect that. I am more worried that they are usually bad shots. If all of them take some shoot lessons and/or do it in point blank range, we wouldn't have cases like Creba or O'keefe or a child.

So as gangs increase in the years to come your down with that so long as they take lessons shooting hand guns? You are so off base it's hard to believe your from this planet. I have a better understanding today of why Rob Ford is leading in the polls.

So as gangs increase in the years to come your down with that so long as they take lessons shooting hand guns?
This makes no sense at all. What does "come your down with that so long" mean? It's completely indecipherable to me. I suggest you go back to Berlitz before insulting others planetary origins.

This makes no sense at all. What does "come your down with that so long" mean? It's completely indecipherable to me. I suggest you go back to Berlitz before insulting others planetary origins.

"...so your down with that..." = "so your OK with that", I'll re-state:

So as gangs increase in the years to come, your OK with that as long as they take lessons shooting hand guns? You are so off base it's hard to believe your from this planet. I have a better understanding now of why Rob Ford is leading in the polls.

Clearly, Regent Park is still scary. I wonder how that will affect sales at the recently hot Daniel's project in the area? Apparently it was selling fast just a few days ago:

http://twitter.com/AndrewLaFleur

Err, I think I'll rescind my offer and buy elsewhere!

Regent Park is not scary. How many murders took place there in the last 2 years? I've heard very little about crime in Regent Park, until the recent murders. Crime happens all over the city, including murders in Yorkville and other exclusive areas. No neighbourhood is safe from crime. It seems to me that Regent park is getting safer with the new developments. It feels that way to me, walking through. When it's all finished, it will be a different place. They are doing a really good job with this redevelopment, so give some credit, where credit is due.

After Regent Park is finished, of course, there will still be the occasional murder, as there will be in Rosedale, Forest Hills and Yorkville.

^ Get the stick out of your ass seriously. What DT Toronto Geek said made sense to me. "Down with that" is a common expression. You're almost as bad as that Adma with the obsession over proper grammar and spelling. UT doesn't stand for some post secondary institution or something. This isn't academia. We aren't writing essays here. You should just shut up and stop arguing about stupid things. Your posts are a waste of bandwidth.

LOL, so someone who is lazy and jobless is worse than someone who is an efficent cold-blooded killer? Typical right wing viewpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back