585     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 669     0 
News   Jul 31, 2024
 513     0 

Most Dangerous Neighbourhood(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell you based off personal experience Toronto has a far higher crime rate than published. Most people have gotten sick and tired of the police's there isn't anything we can do and therefor have stopped reporting crimes. Even when I tried to make a statement on an assault on a minor the police told me to fuck off cause I had a background and law. Nothing was written up on this assault/street fight between multiple grown men and multiple under age females.

I can tell you based off personal experience Toronto has a far higher crime rate than published.
Don't be silly; it's no higher than anywhere else. Are you going to tell us the murder rate is under reported?

Your a troll, you've already revived the gun control thread and posted under several pseudonyms today.

Well I'm sure he has a point ... a lot of minor crime in areas that are known to have higher crime levels do go unreported ... but don't try to tell me that isn't the case in every city in the World ... because it is.

Well I'm sure he has a point ... a lot of minor crime in areas that are known to have higher crime levels do go unreported ... but don't try to tell me that isn't the case in every city in the World ... because it is.
Sure, some minor crime always goes unreported. But murders don't, and we have one of the lowest murder rates of a big city in the country. And we have some of the lowest total crime rates in the country. The troll above has been posting in the gun control thread under 4 different personas ... he has an agenda, and we shouldn't be taking him seriously.

Sure, some minor crime always goes unreported. But murders don't, and we have one of the lowest murder rates of a big city in the country. And we have some of the lowest total crime rates in the country. The troll above has been posting in the gun control thread under 4 different personas ... he has an agenda, and we shouldn't be taking him seriously.

Actually I've found that the police in developing countries are far more receptive the minor crime inquests and they're doing their job not playing politics for the next promotion. They're far more concerned with results than anything else and something like a mugging, assault, robbery will find justice. In Canada every crime means paperwork and no one likes paperwork. It's led me to believe personally that we need to be tougher on crime. While as a Libertarian I believe we should legalize all drugs I think we need to clamp down harder on criminals especially those between the ages of 12-18 in Canada far to often do they get away committing serious acts of violence with not even a slap on the wrist.

Actually I've found that the police in developing countries are far more receptive the minor crime inquests.
What?

Look at the reported crime rate for developing countries are almost always much lower than developed countries. Reporting is horrific there.

Why the deception?

What?

Look at the reported crime rate for developing countries are almost always much lower than developed countries. Reporting is horrific there.

Why the deception?

Sorry I should have clarified, it's a geo political thing. All depends on the country and what kind of despot or dictator is running it. Your right though the general trend among real third world countries is lots of unreported crime. Venezuela and Cuba come to mind as to countries where crime is relatively well reported. My mistake on not being clearer.

I don't find communist dictatorships such as Venezuela or Cuba as typical of the third-world. Or something we should be emulating.

I don't find communist dictatorships such as Venezuela or Cuba as typical of the third-world. Or something we should be emulating.

Neither do I but when it comes to what we consider petty crime in Canada they don't sit back and laugh. A crime is a crime is a crime in those countries and I believe that's the attitude that we should take towards crime in ours. As I said before we have accomplices in the Jane Creba murder who will be out of Jail within 3 years. They've already proven to us once they have absolutely no regard for human life do we really want to give them a second chance to prove the same? Next time will it be Union Station? You engage in a illegal shootout in a busy intersection killing an innocent bystander that should be life no ifs, ands, or buts, no crying mothers explaining how they shouldn't send her son to jail because he was a good kid got straight a's and wasn't into gangs or drugs.

Not sure what this has to do with dangerous neighbourhoods.

Give how low Toronto's crime rate is, and with it falling for years, I don't see the issue.

Do you suggest we all carry hand-guns so that we can shoot people who are in gun fights? ROTFLMAO

Your a troll, you've already revived the gun control thread and posted under several pseudonyms today.

Yeah, I noticed that. Seven pages of posts within half a day. And imports from this forum, yet

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513423

Interesting to consider how aesthetically ugly everything from the forum name to the banner ads are. They belong in UT like a Giant Tiger belongs in the Distillery District...

I was looking at toronto police website,and they have a shooting map. I don't save links,you can look it up easily. But,looked like the area that had the most shootings (discharge of a firearm,not,necessarily somebody being shot) is around lawrence heights upto finch. I define that as a "dangerous" neighbourhood(s) in the sense that you could simply be walking down the street and be hit by a bullet meant for someone else

Last edited:
I was looking at toronto police website,and they have a shooting map. I don't save links,you can look it up easily. But,looked like the area that had the most shootings (discharge of a firearm,not,necessarily somebody being shot) is around lawrence heights upto finch. I define that as a "dangerous" neighbourhood(s) in the sense that you could simply be walking down the street and be hit by a bullet meant for someone else

I would think Toronto's "dangerous" neighborhood has more impact on property value than posing any real danger to the life of citizens. Of course, however remote, there's always a chance one gets unlucky, but that's true almost anywhere. I would worry more about violent crimes and home invasion than killing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back