635     0 

More Lost Toronto in colour

Ah, Eaton's with flags! From 1953, celebrating the Coronation of Elizabeth II:

5522-crown-over-yonge-1020.jpg

28595-crown-entrance-1020.jpg

title-slide-centerpiece1.jpg

28601_golden_throne_1020.jpg

Last edited:
lets forward a few decades to the Toronto of--oh i don't know--2050?...

lets see...unfortunately it looks like a few survivors of a biological/nuclear war are having to do battle with giant plague-altered quasi-vampire bugs bent on erasing all vestiges of human civilization, as well as shopping. Some of them seem to be holed up in Massey Hall...

Apparently, these beasts have a real hate on for Dundas Square and the Eaton Centre—where a horrifically altered Seers store has consumed the body of the Sears store—a truly bone chilling prognostication!!!

68bc14bb.gif

a279679f.gif

f9cff4b3.gif

d8b2857a.gif

b9ef9ed2.gif

lets forward a few decades to the Toronto of--oh i don't know--2050?...

lets see...unfortunately it looks like a few survivors of a biological/nuclear war are having to do battle with giant plague-altered quasi-vampire bugs bent on erasing all vestiges of human civilization, as well as shopping. Some of them seem to be holed up in Massey Hall...

Apparently, these beasts have a real hate on for Dundas Square and the Eaton Centre—where a horrifically altered Seers store has consumed the body of the Sears store—a truly bone chilling prognostication!!!

68bc14bb.gif

a279679f.gif

f9cff4b3.gif

d8b2857a.gif

b9ef9ed2.gif

What game are those screen shots from? Something from one of the Toronto based developers I guess.

Nice shots of the brand-spanking new Royal Bank Plaza.

What I'm more interested in is any interior shots of the main branch during that same era. It has been totally ruined since the mid 90's renovation added a roof to the branch and they turned it into a po-mo mess. I've been searching for years, to no avail.

Have we ever done a "Lost Toronto" item on China Court, that gaily-painted place that used to have pagodas and a garden - on the west side of Spadina, just south of Dundas? After I picked up my coat at Magder last week I had a huge $4 plate of Chinese food ( choose four items ) in the lower level of the mall that's there now. There used to be a fancy-shmancy Chinese restaurant, in the mid-80s to mid-90s, on the top floor of the other Chinese mall right at the south west corner of Spadina and Dundas, too. All, sadly, gone or in seriously tacky decline for more than a decade.

Back