News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.9K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 554     0 

Montréal Transit Developments

I get, unfortunately, the politics of it but let's just assume it was going thru a farmer's field, why couldn't it be elevated? If the tracks are simply heated to make sure there was no ice and/or snow on them, why can't they run outside?

I get, unfortunately, the politics of it but let's just assume it was going thru a farmer's field, why couldn't it be elevated? If the tracks are simply heated to make sure there was no ice and/or snow on them, why can't they run outside?
I'd think the bigger concern outdoors is that the concrete runway be heated - not just the tracks.

I was bored tonight and found myself checking out EXO's network on Google maps. The placement of the stations leaves a lot to be desired. A lot of stations on the network remind me of the recently closed down, York University station that used to exist on the Barrie line.

Who's getting on & off at this station?

Some of the stations are very bare bones and are essentially slapped together with lumber.

The platform at this station isn't even long enough for 1 coach.

This station located in an area full of automotive "chop shops"

Does CN & CP actually allow commuter trains to go right through their intermodal yards?

Last edited:
I was bored tonight and found myself checking out EXO's network on Google maps. The placement of the stations leaves a lot to be desired. A lot of stations on the network remind me of the, recently closed down, York University station that used to exist on the Barrie line.

Who's getting on & off at this station?

Some of the stations are very bare bones and are essentially slapped together with lumber.

The platform at this station isn't even long enough for 1 coach.

This station located in an area full of automotive "chop shops"

Does CN & CP actually allow commuter trains to go right through their intermodal yards?
You missed this: A station where there was a rail crossing cutting straight through the middle of the platform (Deux-Montagnes line, closed for REM consruction).

Back