News   Sep 06, 2024
 1.6K     2 
News   Sep 06, 2024
 1.4K     8 
News   Sep 06, 2024
 567     0 

Montréal Transit Developments

I get, unfortunately, the politics of it but let's just assume it was going thru a farmer's field, why couldn't it be elevated? If the tracks are simply heated to make sure there was no ice and/or snow on them, why can't they run outside?

I get, unfortunately, the politics of it but let's just assume it was going thru a farmer's field, why couldn't it be elevated? If the tracks are simply heated to make sure there was no ice and/or snow on them, why can't they run outside?
I'd think the bigger concern outdoors is that the concrete runway be heated - not just the tracks.

I was bored tonight and found myself checking out EXO's network on Google maps. The placement of the stations leaves a lot to be desired. A lot of stations on the network remind me of the recently closed down, York University station that used to exist on the Barrie line.

Who's getting on & off at this station?

Some of the stations are very bare bones and are essentially slapped together with lumber.

The platform at this station isn't even long enough for 1 coach.

This station located in an area full of automotive "chop shops"

Does CN & CP actually allow commuter trains to go right through their intermodal yards?

Last edited:
I was bored tonight and found myself checking out EXO's network on Google maps. The placement of the stations leaves a lot to be desired. A lot of stations on the network remind me of the, recently closed down, York University station that used to exist on the Barrie line.

Who's getting on & off at this station?

Some of the stations are very bare bones and are essentially slapped together with lumber.

The platform at this station isn't even long enough for 1 coach.

This station located in an area full of automotive "chop shops"

Does CN & CP actually allow commuter trains to go right through their intermodal yards?
You missed this: A station where there was a rail crossing cutting straight through the middle of the platform (Deux-Montagnes line, closed for REM consruction).

Alright, who's the jokester at NouvLR that thought of leaving treads at Anse-à-l'Orme in this fashion, for Google satellite view...

C70FAA09-DF47-4002-B8D0-9BDF1120958D.jpeg

Source

Recent news:

STM cancels their platform screen door project, citing lack of funding. (Confusingly the province says they would have paid for it)

Blue Line major excavations are starting at the end of September. The project will build 5 stations, 6km of new subway tunnel, and 1.5km of tunnels for a new underground garage. The cost has increased from an estimate of 3.9B in 2018 to 7.6B now.

REM has started train testing in the West Island using a temporary control center.
An important milestone in our dynamic trials has been taken in recent days. For the past few weeks, the REM cars from our temporary control center in Saint-Eustache have been going all the way to the island of Montreal, at the station Du Ruisseau. But for the past few days, they've been doing it fully automated. This is one step closer to the completion of our network.
Remember that the phase called dynamic testing is to ensure that our facilities, be it cars, rails, stations and communications between cars. Rehearsals are going well, progress is continuing. Next destination: West Island!
Thanks to all our partners, including Alstom
1725315676990.png

1725315684937.png

1725315691180.png

Photo credit: ALSTOM/C. Fleury

Back