News   May 06, 2024
 449     1 
News   May 06, 2024
 1K     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 663     1 

Montage and Neo Condos (Concord CityPlace) - Real Estate -

push it up and turn/twist it.

I will require more assistance with this. When I grab the sides of the Mona Flush Mount fixture attached to the ceiling the saucer-shaped piece won't budge. I'm afraid if I try to rotate it the 3 metal brackets holding glass tightly in place will damage something. At the same time it would be great to clean the bits of stucco sitting at the bottom of the glass.

I will require more assistance with this. When I grab the sides of the Mona Flush Mount fixture attached to the ceiling the saucer-shaped piece won't budge. I'm afraid if I try to rotate it the 3 metal brackets holding glass tightly in place will damage something. At the same time it would be great to clean the bits of stucco sitting at the bottom of the glass.

oh I thought you were talking about the semi-circle bowl mount. If it's the flat one that can shift around. That one is taken out by pulling it out slightly. Then there's two metal pieces on either side inside. Pinch it together and pull it down. If you don't understand, you can ask any of the construction workers there. I asked one of them about it cuz I didn't know how to take it out. They might be able to explain better.

oh I thought you were talking about the semi-circle bowl mount. If it's the flat one that can shift around. That one is taken out by pulling it out slightly. Then there's two metal pieces on either side inside. Pinch it together and pull it down. If you don't understand, you can ask any of the construction workers there. I asked one of them about it cuz I didn't know how to take it out. They might be able to explain better.

There is actually 3x metal brackets surrounding the saucer-shaped glass holding it in place. I don't understand what pinching the metal brackets will accomplish?

158055e.jpg

There is actually 3x metal brackets surrounding the saucer-shaped glass holding it in place. I don't understand what pinching the metal brackets will accomplish?

I've got three of these in my place, they're a bit of a pain until you do it once.
While safely positioned on a ladder and with the light turned off, put one hand on the bottom of the glass fixture and then gently jiggle and pull out any one of the three decorative clamps. The clamps may be spring loaded. Once you have pulled out one of them by about half an inch use your free hand to grab the lip of the glass fixture then gently drop it down past the clamp. Keep one hand under the fixture and use the other by holding onto lip, now gently slide it out from the other two clamps. Presto.
After you do this once it's a cinch to do it again.

I've got three of these in my place, they're a bit of a pain until you do it once.
While safely positioned on a ladder and with the light turned off, put one hand on the bottom of the glass fixture and then gently jiggle and pull out any one of the three decorative clamps. The clamps may be spring loaded. Once you have pulled out one of them by about half an inch use your free hand to grab the lip of the glass fixture then gently drop it down past the clamp. Keep one hand under the fixture and use the other by holding onto lip, now gently slide it out from the other two clamps. Presto.
After you do this once it's a cinch to do it again.

Thanks dt_toronto_geek,
This is basically what Customer Care said though your description is more informative. I also have three of these fixtures and need to replace the bulbs with more energy efficient versions. Additionally this is likely part of the reason why my den is so hot compared to the rest of my unit.

It was very easy dt_toronto_geek. I removed the 20 or so dead fruit flies and stucco and replace all three light fixtures with compact florescent bulbs. The rooms are brighter and use much less energy.

Concord is saving about $6 per (2x bulb) ceiling light fixture by using the older incandescent bulbs. I have 6x 60 watt light bulbs to give away to a good home if someone wants them?

Last edited:
It was very easy dt_toronto_geek. I removed the 20 or so dead fruit flies and stucco and replace all three light fixtures with compact florescent bulbs. The rooms are brighter and use much less energy.

Concord is saving about $6 per (2x bulb) ceiling light fixture by using the older incandescent bulbs. I have 6x 60 watt light bulbs to give away to a good home if someone wants them?

Better yet... get rid of that nasty light fixture and replace with something that doesn't make you want to puke. :)

Montage PDI

Hi All,

I just completed my PDI on Montage (unit #15 on their website) and was curious to know if anyone encountered the same "issue" as me. The doorway entrance from the study to the living room is only 29 inches! I have spoken with a builder that was on site and also with a warrenty coordinator and they were already aware of the problem and will be extending the doorway to the standard 32 inches. It seems as though someone made a "mistake".

Overall, a few other problems with the unit:
-balcony door is extremely difficult to open; screen door doesn't open fully
-bathroom lock does not work
-dent in fridge
-scratches on backsplash in kitchen
-paint on carpet/windows/panelling etc...

I guess these are fairly minor in comparison to the doorway! Have a look for yourself : )

Attachments

• Hallway_4.jpg
    Hallway_4.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 441
Is there suppose to be a door there? btw paint in windows and carpeting you might have to end up doing yourself. They'll fix the doors for you though.

No, there isn't supposed to be a door there; it's just where the study meets the kitchen/living room. I was just extremely surprised to see such a small walk-through passage. There's no way any piece of furniture would have fit. Thankfully it is going to be fixed. I just hope they won't delay me due to this problem (move in is for early March). Because I'm on a lower floor, I'm assuming I'm one of the first to see this unit's layout. I hope others with the same do not have this problem.

As far as the sloppy paint job; I was told that the unit will be cleaned and the paint splatter will be removed from the windows/carpet etc., but I'm sure I'll be doing much of the cleaning myself. It's to be expected I suppose.

I have several kitchen backsplash scratches in my Neo unit -from my experience Concord will cause more collateral damage fixing it. My over the range microwave was DOA on occupancy. After 7 weeks waiting for parts Midnorthern (The Brick) who supplies appliances to Cityplace opted to swap with another unit. They refused to use the working component from the new microwave to fix mine. Cityplace PCL swamped the unit which required removing the caulked wooden panel above -I question if that was necessary as there is a panel in the side to unplug it? They filled all edges and corners with really thick strip of SUPER GLOSSY silicone caulking and looks butt ugly. I'm still scraping it off the wood, walls and ceilings with a knife then re-caulking/plastering and repainting. Don't expect Cityplace to give you the same build quality as with the trades because certain deficiencies are handled by handymen who don't take any pride in their work. I try to refrain from complaining about bad workmanship because ticking off someone who has access to your home can be a tricky. I had misc damages caused to my previous condo by disgruntled workman because I wanted deficiencies done correctly. I have some deficiencies needing addressed and am keeping my fingers crossed that they will be done satisfactorily.

On another note can management enforce a no satellite dish on the balcony policy. My neighbor put one up a month weeks ago despite management's disaproval.

Last edited:
I think they can. Some people were putting stuff on the balcony of westOne. There was a message on the elevator saying if they don't remove, management has right to go and remove it from their balcony. (They have a master key)

btw, I just read some crap message on my condo saying you need to fill out a form and give a deposit in order to use elevator to move. I don't mind filling the form and paying a deposit. But there's also a security fee for $91.xx Just for them to give you access to the elevator? :O It's not like they're gonna stand around and look at you move or help you move. Such nonsense. Not sure if Montage and Neo will have same issue later.

Last edited:
For those curious about Sobey's, there's now big signs saying "Coming soon" and paper up on the windows. I peered in at the section without paper and it doesn't look like anything else has been done inside yet.

The CIBC is now open, on Sunday's too.

Anyone at Neo have an inkling (or guess) as to when the building will close. The phantom mortgage thing is killing me:(

Back