News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 882     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 354     0 

Mona Lisa Residences (NYCC, Great Lands, 28s, Northgrave)

i am going to buy a brand new 1+1 den or 2br condo at yonge/finch, mona lisa (tower/townhouse) or luxe

are mona lisa good to go?

What's the price like right now?

thanks!

Yep. They are all sold out. Long time ago. I think even before construction started.

Don't worry as soon as the units close you will see a good 10-20 listings from speculators trying to make a quick buck :D

Yep. They are all sold out. Long time ago. I think even before construction started.

Don't worry as soon as the units close you will see a good 10-20 listings from speculators trying to make a quick buck :D

yeah. this is what I am looking for. just curious if this building is good to go. I see some bad comments on that or 60 byng..about the layout etc.

Palapara: this is the Project & Construction forum, not the Real Estate forum. Please take your questions regarding purchasing condos to that section of UrbanToronto.ca!

Moving along on Mona Lisa Residences in North York, Ontario

110.jpg

HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING

Outside work continues on the Mona Lisa Residences at Yonge Street and Finch Avenue in North York, Ont. Great Lands Corp. is owner/developer of the 28-storey, 311-unit project that also includes 74 townhouses and underground parking.

The project was designed by Northgrave Architects.

Consultants are Genivar Consultants (structural); and Trace Engineering (mechanical/electrical).

Subtrades include: Road-Ex Contracting (excavation); Rumble Foundations (Ontario) Ltd. (shoring/caissons); Gilbert Steel Ltd. (rebar); Avenue Building (formwork); Advanced Precast; Innocon Inc. (concrete); Venice Masonry; Primo Mechanical Inc.; Speedy Electric Contractor Ltd. and Fujitec Canada Inc. (elevators).

actually I didn't mind the design of the first tower (Monet Condominiums), I do like the glass curved tower ... however when Great Lands introduced Mona Lisa Residences by simply copying the first tower, that just made this project feel cheap IMO

December 28 2009 update

Mona Lisa looks to be complete ~
Click to Enlarge

Mona Lisa Towns on Doris Avenue

February 5 2010 update

South + East + West Elevations - coming together nicely, balcony glass going up ~
Click to Enlarge

Villas on Olive Avenue

Mona Lisa in context with Monet Condominiums (the previous phase)

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with Monet but Mona Lisa doesn't make any sense. Monet certainly isn't good enough to warrant a copy or homage of any sort, and the two towers aren't even on the same site...they're a block apart! Why twin it? If you're gonna try saving money on design by producing a mirror image of an existing building, at least copy something worth copying.

Back