News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 878     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 353     0 

Mona Lisa Residences (NYCC, Great Lands, 28s, Northgrave)

Solaris

Member Bio
Reaction score
seems like this proposal never made it on UT ... but this project "Mona Lisa" is Great Land's exact copy of their other building built in the immediate vincinity (The Monet) ... talk about money saving huh? :p

nonetheless it looks like a decent design to me ~

http://www.monalisaresidences.com/

here's the site plan ~

siteplan.jpg

City Planning - Final Staff Reports (March 2008)

This may take the crown for "worst condo name" in Toronto.

March 21 2009 update

I was quite impressed by how quickly this one is getting built ~ :cool:

The Crane
IMG_3542-1.jpg

Views panning southwest to northwest looking across the site ~
IMG_3543-1.jpg

IMG_3544-1.jpg

IMG_3545-1.jpg

IMG_3547.jpg

May 18

They are building the Doris road extension at this time next to it as well to the north and south.

The sign saids the project is sold out

IMG_may-18-09-0221.jpg

IMG_may-18-09-0222.jpg

IMG_may-18-09-0214.jpg

IMG_may-18-09-0215.jpg

IMG_may-18-09-0216.jpg

IMG_may-18-09-0218.jpg

IMG_may-18-09-0219.jpg

IMG_may-18-09-0220.jpg

IMG_may-18-09-0222.jpg

IMG_may-18-09-0225.jpg

June 16 2009 update

very nice construction pace here ... now on the 10th floor (that's 5 new floors in less than a month...since last update on May 18th ~ :))

IMG_3926.jpg

There's one listing on MLS for this building.

MLS® C1602057

Building Type: Row / Townhouse
Bedrooms: 2
Bathrooms: 2
Title: Condominium/Strata
Price: $499,000
TORONTO, ON M2N 4L8

General Description

Just Released From The Builder. Large 2+2 Town House Attached To The New Mona Lisa Highrise. Over 1300 Sq Ft On 2 Levels With An Addtional 945 Sq Ft Roof Top Terrace. Last Chance For Colour Personalized Colour Selection. Call Listing Agent For Full Colour Brochure And Floor Plan.**** EXTRAS **** Standard Features Include S/S Appl, Energy Eff W/D, Granite Counter, H/W Flooring, 50Oz Carpet, 9 Ft Ceilings, Colonial Style Doors, Nickle Finish Hardware, Vertical Blinds. Parking And Locker Incl

Looks like a nice big unit with a huge terrace. You could do a lot worse (ie. smaller) for $500k.

this is probably one of the three (?) townhouse units that are in the 'wing' extending from the east face of the tower running along the frontage of Doris Avenue extension (see site plan above)

Daily Commercial News

June 22, 2009

Bucket After Bucket at Mona Lisa Residences in North York, Ontario

105.jpg

HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING

Work is moving upwards on the Mona Lisa Residences at Yonge Street and Finch Avenue in North York, Ont. Great Lands Corp. is owner/developer of the 28-storey, 311-unit project that also includes 74 townhouses and underground parking. The project was designed by Northgrave Architects. Consultants are Genivar Consultants (structural); and Trace Engineering (mechanical/electrical). Subtrades include: Road-Ex Contracting (excavation); Rumble Foundations (Ontario) Ltd. (shoring/caissons); Gilbert Steel Ltd. (rebar); Avenue Building (formwork); Advanced Precast; Innocon Inc. (concrete); Venice Masonry; Primo Mechanical Inc.; Speedy Electric Contractor Ltd. and Fujitec Canada Inc. (elevators).

Daily Commercial News

Mona Lisa mixing in North York, Ontario
August 6, 2009

130.jpg

HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING

A worker prepares a batch of concrete at the Mona Lisa Residences at Yonge Street and Finch Avenue in North York, Ont. Great Lands Corp. is owner/developer of the 28-storey, 311-unit project that also includes 74 townhouses and underground parking.

The project was designed by Northgrave Architects. Consultants are Genivar Consultants (structural); and Trace Engineering (mechanical/electrical). Subtrades include: Road-Ex Contracting (excavation); Rumble Foundations (Ontario) Ltd. (shoring/caissons); Gilbert Steel Ltd. (rebar); Avenue Building (formwork); Advanced Precast; Innocon Inc. (concrete); Venice Masonry; Primo Mechanical Inc.; Speedy Electric Contractor Ltd. and Fujitec Canada Inc. (elevators).

I've completely missed this one up until now... an interesting looking footprint and judging by the render this will be the next best thing to living at Disney World! amazing how fast this thing is flying up!

Hi Guys.

This is my first Urban Toronto Post :)))

I've been studyin' this even before great lands acquired the properties where they are being built.

Sales were strong on this project and I guess people were interested at the "Mona Lisa" next to the "Monet" -- The property has a beautiful stieplan.

I beleive prices originally started at 260K a condo unit, could somebody verify that with me?

Great Lands currently owns a lot of development properties in York Region and Toronto (north York)

Project 1

Yonge/16th - Great Lands has purchased 3 properties along yonge St, and 1 fronting on 16th (next to the new honda dealership) - They purchased the properties in late '06 for a total of $9 Million.

They are currently seeking a Retail/Office/Residential development, consisting of 5 towers; 18-28 Storeys.

Properties they own

Here is an outline of the properties:

greatlandscorpyongen16t.jpg

Property 2

Richmond Hill - North East Corner of Bayview/Weldrick (i beleive its currently a school)

Great Lands has put an application to put 45 Condominium Townhomes.

greatlandsbayview.jpg

Property 3

North York - West Of Yonge, South of Finch along Lorraine Dr (at the end of where Zamani Homes is currently constructing their 25 unit Townhome development) on the west side of Lorraine Dr. Great Lands seems to have bought up 9 properties. One which was a city owned property which they purchased a property from the city for $655,929.79. I do not know much about these properties, as its something that came to my attention today The properties have all been demolished but I can't seem to find any application online about them. If this is a development that is coming soon, it is most likely going to be a townhome development with a long private road along the back.

greatlandslorraine.jpg

Thanks

Mihail,
Invest-I-Can Group

Back