News   Jul 05, 2024
 913     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 1.1K     12 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 520     0 

Mississauga Dixie Rd/QEW New Interchange (MTO, 1s, AECOM)

The new pedestrian bridge being assembled, anyone know when the lift might happen?

DJI_0998.jpg

The new pedestrian bridge being assembled, anyone know when the lift might happen?

View attachment 509947
Once the piers are pour for it. Expect it will be place in the next 2 weeks.

The photo shows I assume is a missing pier at the north sound barrier wall like the south one and work still taking place on the pier north of the missing one. Hard to say if forming is taking place on the south ramp piers.

The bridge is in 2 sections at this time and maybe will they will be come one section on the day of the placement at night or will be a 2 lift move.

Sept 25
More up on my site
53230825520_8d6828c0ac_b.jpg

53229451677_6055567f75_b.jpg

53229451712_24da019810_b.jpg

53230321981_24d60d9c86_b.jpg

53230825730_5d1ddd7ff1_b.jpg

53230825320_05fdbf4eb3_b.jpg

53230630528_a48505d521_b.jpg

Nov 8
Had a quick look at the area and still a lot of work to get the South Service road open this year. The road off the current Dixie Rd is pave and will need temporary traffic lights if it is to open this year as the new Dixie Rd is not ready. The southbound lanes to Sherway Dr are close to allow utilizes to be install with a lane open for the local. The rest being torn up for the new northbound lanes. Cycles Path been built on the north side of the service road. New overpass not completed yet.

The walkway bridge still where it shot some time ago and very little work has taken place on the piers for it. Both bridge support piers are in place with the top of one cover up on the north side an fair to have a look at the south side one. The one between the QEW and the Service road is port and 2 workers were working the the south ones. No forming in place for the rest of the piers, Had a close look, the 2 bridges are separate section, Until I have a look at the south side, it looks like the long span will go from the north side piers beside the North service Rd to the pier between the QRW and the Service Rd.

Photos for the bridge to follow in a few days.

Nov 8
Boy was I wrong on my Sept posting for erection of the bridge

More up on site

As a note, this plaza has the most charging stations for cars that I have seen to date for close 2 dozens spots and newly installed. Some show up in my photos.

The installing the walkway bridge is been held up with the form for the south pier on the south side of the South Service Road that is not completed at this time. The top forming is not in place and only 2 workers on site doing the work,

Once the top form in place, the top can be pour with anchors bolts in place to bolt the short section of the bridge in place. The piers to support the long bridge is ready for it and waiting for the top pier on the north side of the North Service Road to be strip that will support the smaller section sitting on site. I guess they bring in that small section when they are installing the main bridge.

Both sides of the bridges that will support the ramps are not form and don't expect to see that done until spring.
53328702502_bd1c676675_b.jpg

53330032075_1d664f0f09_b.jpg

53329913189_9973b2f734_b.jpg

53329913044_fd98a618a0_b.jpg

53329798818_52fed1c439_b.jpg

53328702297_b40a744432_b.jpg

Is the bridge behind schedule? If so, why the delay?
Can't tell you other there is a lack of manpower on the whole site and it not the only site I have seen regarding manpower.. I expect once that pier is top next week, may see the bridge in place by end of next week or the following week.

I have expected the new South Service Road be open by now as its ready.. The issue is how traffic can get to the QEW ramp if the new Service road is open until the new Dixie Road is open??

The North Service Road was to have been reopen in September, then October and looks like it will be this month for Westbound only from the QEW like in the past and Dixie Rd by the new ramp. Eastbound will happen when the new Dixie road opens at a traffic light intersection.

Can't tell you other there is a lack of manpower on the whole site and it not the only site I have seen regarding manpower.. I expect once that pier is top next week, may see the bridge in place by end of next week or the following week.

I have expected the new South Service Road be open by now as its ready.. The issue is how traffic can get to the QEW ramp if the new Service road is open until the new Dixie Road is open??

The North Service Road was to have been reopen in September, then October and looks like it will be this month for Westbound only from the QEW like in the past and Dixie Rd by the new ramp. Eastbound will happen when the new Dixie road opens at a traffic light intersection.
Interesting. Just about 5km west, the mississauga rd bridge was demolished August 26ish and the new one had new beams installed and prep work for decking well underway when I saw it yesterday.

Nov 9
Lot more up on my site for both the 8 and 9

The only reason that I can see for sidewalk crossing of the South Service Rd for here is to get to a new walkway overpass for the QEW
53332636650_d49620f7a5_b.jpg

No southbound access to Dixie now
53332724563_3075c5bf2d_b.jpg

New connection for the South Service Rd going west only as well out bound from the mall going north only to it. Have to go to the south end to get in as well if going south on the mall road.

53331303497_429fbd66f5_b.jpg

It will be interesting to see what will happen for northbound traffic who want to make a left turn onto the new ramp for the North Service Rd as I see no traffic lights for doing so unless the old way will be use until spring of 2024 when construction starts backup
53332407963_90573c0e7b_b.jpg

Only the westbound North Service Road will open this month in place of the plan Sept one and then Oct. Traffic off the QEW will return to normal for this until 2024 when the new intersection opens where they will have to cross Dixie and add travel trip for drivers.
53332181621_67f88f030d_b.jpg

The new overpass is having forming put in place for sidewalks on both sides of it, the centre medium and waiting forming of the side walls with handrails, 2024 opening now.
53332407783_8873ae6fe4_b.jpg

Nov 25
The North Service Road is now open off the QEW and the old way off Dixie Rd for westbound only. Eastbound will not happen until it built as well the new ramp connects to the new road.in 2024.

Backfilling underway for the north end to allow the building of the new road from the bridge to where it is already built. Sidewalks and the medium are formed, but the sidewalks have no rebar framing built yet like the medium that is ready for concrete to be pour for it. The rail wall for the bridge can't be built until the sidewalk concrete is pour..

Sound barrier going up around the houses that will back onto the new road as well the new ramp off the QEW,

South Service Road is close at mid way with traffic on detour.

Both south piers as well the north ones are ready to have the walkway bridge place on them. It could happen anytime during the night

Why is this walking bridge not more east so that the plaza and Dixie mall are not more connected. Surely both will be redeveloped.
That where it been since day one.

I expect there will be another one by the mall since the sidewalks say so as I can't see why the sidewalk is cut for a crosswalk over the new service road as there will be no sidewalk on the north side of the service road, as well no where to walk to,

That where it been since day one.

I expect there will be another one by the mall since the sidewalks say so as I can't see why the sidewalk is cut for a crosswalk over the new service road as there will be no sidewalk on the north side of the service road, as well no where to walk to,
I understand this was the original place. I just thought if you needed to replace it perhaps change the location at the same time.

I understand this was the original place. I just thought if you needed to replace it perhaps change the location at the same time.
I believe the original bridge was there as four schools are located on Ogden Avenue, on the South side of the QEW. I assume this is one of the main reasons why the replacement went back up in the same spot and Dixie Mall is only a 5 minute walk from there.

Last edited:

Back