335     0 

Miscellany Toronto Photographs: Then and Now

Then and Now for April 9.

Then. 6 - 8 Elmsley Place. c1910.

4856-8ElmsleyPlc1910.jpg

Now. August 2011.

486.jpg

Hello from tasmania

Hi everybody , not sure where to post this so i thought i would tack it onto one of my favorite threads new/old Toronto.

I have been visiting this site for a few years now and am captivated by your beautiful city and excellent photos of now/ and of the day's gone by,congrats to all the happy snappers who contribute to this forum as you bring me a lot of joy when i scroll through your fine work,i do not take photos myself but enjoy and appreciate immensely the work of others, keep up the fine work.
Cheers
Frank, launceston, Tasmania, Australia

Hi everybody , not sure where to post this so i thought i would tack it onto one of my favorite threads new/old Toronto.

I have been visiting this site for a few years now and am captivated by your beautiful city and excellent photos of now/ and of the day's gone by,congrats to all the happy snappers who contribute to this forum as you bring me a lot of joy when i scroll through your fine work,i do not take photos myself but enjoy and appreciate immensely the work of others, keep up the fine work.
Cheers
Frank, launceston, Tasmania, Australia

Hello Frank, Greetings from Toronto. You live in a lovely place too:

http://open.abc.net.au/projects/now-and-then-series-2-44un7gn/contributions/places/launceston+tas

I hope to get to Australia some day..

Cheers,

-Moose

Then and Now for April 11.

Then. 141 Admiral Road. c1910. Home of C. Bounick. Bond and Smith, Architects.

489143AdmiralRdc1910.jpg

Now. August 2011. Trees and utility poles everywhere, sorry this was the best I could do.

489a.jpg

Then and Now for April 12.

Then. 291 Sherbourne. c1900. Residence of John Ross Robertson. Note the fence. Bottom of the picture. Squint a bit. :)

490291Sherbournec1900.jpg

Now. July 2011.

491.jpg

The fence. Seems to be original.

493.jpg

Plaque. Always getting this word mixed up with plague. Tricky language, English.

492.jpg

So, Terry Fox started his cross-country run 32 years ago today.

"The Marathon began on April 12, 1980, when Fox dipped his right leg in the Atlantic Ocean."

http://www.terryfox.org/

I came across his marathon van a year ago in the Spadina Dupont area. I was quite surprised to see it, and gives me an excuse today to show the picture and remember someone who did so much and left us too early.

DSC_0280.jpg

Back