News   Jul 12, 2024
 976     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 852     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 346     0 

Miscellany Toronto Photographs: Then and Now

The term may be 'old hat' these days but Bell still charges an extra fee for it. When will we demand that such an outdated fee be discontinued?

Shop around for another provider. My elderly neighbour - as conservative as they come - switched away from Bell.

Sep 14 Then and Now.

More Streetcar Madness.

Then. Queen and Grant, looking NE. Another picture sourced by UT-er 'ValsHere'. Seems to be the same vintage as yesterdays picture.. let's call it '1982' as well, although there is no route number on that streetcar's sign... perhaps someone here can venture a more accurate date.

And,... there's lots of overhead wires again. moe45673, please try to stay calm. :) Hmm, curly67891. larry23456.

179QueenBoulton.jpg

Now. May 2011.

180.jpg

Last edited:
My parents was Hudson (HU=48).

My grandmother's was Empire (EM=36).

My father's was originally LLoydbrook, changed to LEnnox at somepoint in the 1950's. I've often wondered if they just picked someone in the office and named an exchange after them, especially given the obscure words/names used (Lloydbrook?).

What are the dates on those two pics?

Mustapha, thanks for the continuing series on hot wire on wire action ;)

Oh yeah, and the whole rest of this thread!

Thanks Brewster! The streetview on google maps appears to be quite similar to the 2000 shot

DonMills.jpg

And here's a pic from 2006 that has the same Fairview Mall triangular thingie as in the 2000 shot

8959736.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Brewster! The streetview on google maps appears to be quite similar to the 2000 shot

DonMills.jpg

Streetview is very old. Those brown buildings in the front are gone and new building's are already up. I'll get up there soon and take a new picture.

Streetview is very old. Those brown buildings in the front are gone and new building's are already up. I'll get up there soon and take a new picture.

I saw the Google car in my neighbourhood a couple of weeks ago so maybe updated Streetviews are on their way;)

Back