News   Jul 26, 2024
 90     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 823     0 
News   Jul 25, 2024
 714     0 

Minister's plan stirs up mud with neighbours

I was just thinking that. A car's environmental impact is more than what comes out of the tailpipe.

Auto infrastructure is certainly another impact. This is why an electric or hydrogen car will solve the biggest, but certainly not the only, environmental issue with autos.

An electric car that sits in the garage harms the environment, too. The garage itself harms the environment.

We're going from "who cares if 2 people buy 20 hummers as long as they're not driven it doesn't harm the environment" to "so what? even one electric car that is not driven harms the environment." C'mon now, 4 vehicles for 2 people is excessive and environmentally unfriendly, let alone 20 hummers.

An electric car that sits in the garage harms the environment, too. The garage itself harms the environment.

Sure. It all harms the environment so the goal is minimize the impact. Consuming for the sake of consumption is waste. Consuming to meet needs is not. If you can easy live without a car and get a hybrid anyways then it is waste. The argument is not about the one vehicle... it is about four.

...and since three of them are her husband's cars, only one of those gets driven at once. Everything people buy is excessive and environmentally unfriendly, there's just no token good intentions that go along with Hummers for people to pat themselves on the back with.

she's not setting a good example but still, better they preach good and act bad than preach bad and act bad. as long as she doesn't persecute those who act the same way as she does.

all that being said, there's got to be someone better for the job. someone who can preach good and act good as well.

LOL!! watch from 1:40 on....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IET1uKHPqc8

No. A huge nuclear explosion would far worse. So you are saying that things that are not THE worst are fine?

ya, but if the universe collapsed into its self, that would be way worse.

people always use that "it could be worse" argument on me when i complain about something wrong. i should somehow be happy because in afghanistan, they don't even have wheeltrans!

Back