News   Jun 21, 2024
 3.7K     6 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   Jun 21, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Metrolinx: Presto Fare Card

I think the best way to do this is to deduct a penalty fine when you tap in, then refund the penalty fine, minus your actual fare when you tap out. This way failing to tap out means you get an automatic fine. We'll still have to have roaming fare inspectors to check for people who haven't tapped in on POP lines.

I'm new here (hi Andrae) but the current plan is that you will be able to set up Presto on GO to have a "regular route" (e.g. Ajax to Union or whatever) that you regularly take. When you tap in, it will deduct for your regular destination. If that is where you are going, you will not need to tap out. If you are going somewhere else, you will need to tap out at that station and Presto will make the adjustments. And yes, there will be roving inspectors with portable readers.

Not sure how they would handle the scenario of confirming that someone who normally rides Ajax to Union but is staying on to Port Credit will actually tap out when they get to Port Credit.

Having said that, there are a lot of discussions going on amongst the Presto team and various transit providers, and it's possible things may change.

Smartcard in Toronto

On Sept 18 at 6:30 in room 2 at Toronto City Hall, a presentation regarding the use of smartcard for Toronto will take place.

Montreal AMT, TTC and the Bureau DU Quebec will talk about where TTC has to go regarding a smartcard for TTC and lesson learn from AMT new OPUS smartcard similar to Octopus in Hong Kong and Oyster in London to help Toronto to move forward.

How does it benefit the public-particularly transit rider.

TTC are participating in the Presto smartcard for the GTA

Open to everyone.

Smartcard in Toronto

On Sept 18 at 6:30 in room 2 at Toronto City Hall, a presentation
regarding the use of smartcard for Toronto will take place.

Montreal AMT, TTC and the Bureau DU Quebec will talk about where TTC
has to go regarding a smartcard for TTC and lesson learn from AMT new
OPUS smartcard similar to Octopus in Hong Kong and Oyster in London to
help Toronto to move forward.

How does it benefit the public-particularly transit rider.

TTC are participating in the Presto smartcard for the GTA

Are they going to talk about who is going to pick up the $350 million it would cost to fully implement Presto on the TTC?

Presentation by AMT with Joel Gauthier, President and CEO, Michel Veilleux, Planning & Development, Daniel Bergeron, Director, Mobilization and Mobility Data. TTC Smart Card team will be there and I think that one person. Adam will MC.

Forgot to post that info.

I just started using the OPUS card in Montreal. It's great... you don't even need to open your wallet to scan it. C'mon TO, get with it.

DSC09653_GuangDong_Transit_Smartcards.jpg

Here's my collection of transit smartcards from GuangDong China and Hong Kong, I miss using them. :(

will the Presto card ever go beyond the 'pilot project' stage and found only in Union station for TTC ?? I just hope smart cards will be implemented before 2020 (sigh) :(

Back