News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 387     0 

Metrolinx: Presto Fare Card

Personally, I prefer that they ditch the monthly pass and go with the reward system everyone else is using. The benefits are overwhelming when compared to traditional period passes.

Can't we have a frequent flyer program-equivalent to transit use? Frequent use of transit in return for free rides, priority seating, free standbys, transit "lounge", transit-sponsored perks, and other generous discounts on newsstand merchandise, etc.

I will hitchhike instead of paying fares if Presto actually doesn't consolidate fares around the GTA.

Last edited:
Patience. We do need to have the conversation about changing the policies behind the card, but getting it rolled out is key too.

Yep, not like Canadian Tire hasn't been giving out reward cash for decades. Only airlines are allowed to reward customer loyalty.

Not to mention credit cards with merchandise rewards, cash back, Petro-Points, Esso rewards, ClubZ, etc. etc. Sure, only the airlines.

When you tap that 36th fare and get free rides for the rest of the month, the machine should give one of those 'you have just won!' fanfares that the lottery terminals use. :)

What you're referring to is not a "loyalty program" per se, but simply a way to make sure that riders get the best deal available to them. If you spend over a certain threshold, then you can take advantage of pass pricing.

I believe it's this way in London, too.

Semantics are fun.

A loyalty program gives people an incentive to continue using the service. The incentive here is that you'll get higher and higher discounts.

A rewards program gives people some sort of bonus for continuing to use the service. The reward here is that you'll get higher and higher discounts.

Notice how the second sentence is almost identical in both cases... For kicks, lets call this a "happy fun smile program". It's all the same.

Last edited:

Back