1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 438     0 

Metrolinx: Other Items (catch all)

^ See this page:

And here's the PDF:

And Munro's take:

And somewhat related by Munro:

6207 was on a flat with idler cars on both ends waiting to be pickup by CP to be transport from Metrolinx yard to Thunder Bay today.

^ See this page:

And here's the PDF:

And Munro's take:

And somewhat related by Munro:

Thanks. But the IO update says the OL Northern Civil RFQ is slated for spring 2022. Doesn't jive with what was mentioned up thread. I'm curious about the discrepancy between IO and Metrolinx's announced timelines.

Thanks. But the IO update says the OL Northern Civil RFQ is slated for spring 2022. Doesn't jive with what was mentioned up thread.
There are three RFQs/RFPs for the OL. Two relate to the southern portion, and one for the northern portion. The two southern portion RFPs should be awarded by ‘late fall 2020’, supposedly. Financial close for the southern portion doesn’t happen until after the next election, which is worrisome. The northern portion RFQ/RFP process won’t start until 2022.

As far as I can tell from reading the above messages there are no contradictions. What did you see that was problematic?

There are three RFQs/RFPs for the OL. Two relate to the southern portion, and one for the northern portion. The two southern portion RFPs should be awarded by ‘late fall 2020’, supposedly. Financial close for the southern portion doesn’t happen until after the next election, which is worrisome. The northern portion RFQ/RFP process won’t start until 2022.

As far as I can tell from reading the above messages there are no contradictions. What did you see that was problematic?

Thanks, I just got confused. Forgot there were three portions. All good!

As discussed in the Union Station and CIBC Building threads, Metrolinx have been working on upgrading and repaitring the Yorka nd Bay underpasses and teamways. York is virtually complete, Bay is moving along well (both east and west sides are done and now working on centre section) and they are about to start on Yonge I think because they were starting to add work platforms at the south end today.

Meaning they are looking for a provider (e.g. Uber) to drive people from the GO station to their homes or a location (specific stops) close to their home so they can stop driving and filling up the parking lots.

I only see this feasible during peak hours. The cost of running this service at 10pm picking up riders would be extreme. Let's say they use a minibus, pickup 10 riders and drop them off within 10-15 min. Then they'll make an empty trip back to the station in 10 min ready to pickup another 10 riders from the next train. If ML charges each rider $2, they'll only recoup $40 max in an hour. I'm sure it cost more than $40/hr to run this service. If ML charges riders $5 per ride, no one would take it unless parking at the station is significantly more expansive than $10. At that point, people would just drive downtown.

Back