News   Jul 16, 2024
 435     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 548     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.4K     3 

Metrolinx: Bombardier Flexity Freedom & Alstom Citadis Spirit LRVs

I think here in TO we are a little too familiar with their side of the story - and now we have to spend additional taxpayer resources in more ways than one to hear it from the firm again. If only they spent more time doing actual work and ensuring quality...

AoD
a) I think we have to separate the two contracts and b) I seriously doubt the people working the legal/contracts department that are doing this would be of any use on the ensuring quality side of the business ;)

STATEMENT: Metrolinx’s response to Bombardier Transportation’s motion for an injunction

TORONTO: February 10, 2017 - Metrolinx has been concerned for some time about the performance of Bombardier and their ability to deliver a quality product on time as per the scheduled 2021 opening of the Eglinton Crosstown.

We have repeatedly conveyed our disappointment to Bombardier on its progress to date and in particular that the pilot vehicle is almost two years late and has not yet been delivered.

We have been frank in sharing our reservations about their ability to deliver vehicles on time and to a level of quality we expect.

We are further disappointed that they would take this legal step considering the longstanding relationship Metrolinx has with Bombardier on a number of fronts.

Metrolinx is committed to providing residents of Toronto and the region with improved transit options. Bombardier’s focus should be on getting the all the vehicles delivered on schedule and with the quality expected, not on legal proceedings of this nature.

Metrolinx’s immediate first step is to review the application. We will not comment further at this time.

We are further disappointed that they would take this legal step considering the longstanding relationship Metrolinx has with Bombardier on a number of fronts.

this part made me chuckle.....we threatened them, but we are surprised they threatened us back considering the longstanding relationship we have with them.

if there is no merit to what BBD is saying, say that....if ML did not (as claimed by BBD) make numerous changes, then say that...if ML did not (as BBD are claiming) refuse to take delivery of the pilot vehicle, then say that....but don't trot out "long standing relationship" 4 months after filing a formal notice to them. Just my opinion.

this part made me chuckle.....we threatened them, but we are surprised they threatened us back considering the longstanding relationship we have with them.

if there is no merit to what BBD is saying, say that....if ML did not (as claimed by BBD) make numerous changes, then say that...if ML did not (as BBD are claiming) refuse to take delivery of the pilot vehicle, then say that....but don't trot out "long standing relationship" 4 months after filing a formal notice to them. Just my opinion.

Yeah...I thought we were buying an off the shelf streetcar (and we would just pick the colour). Every time you change the specs it means that the supplier will raise the price and add some time onto delivery.

I would love to see the injunction. We get to see all the dirty laundry. And BBD would put the facts to their advantage but would not "create" facts...you don't want to piss off a judge. I wonder if it is online or do you have to go to the courthouse?

I would love to see the injunction. We get to see all the dirty laundry. And BBD would put the facts to their advantage but would not "create" facts...you don't want to piss off a judge. I wonder if it is online or do you have to go to the courthouse?
We have a number of pending court cases that if nothing else, will hopefully reveal more of the facts. TTC Union is one, and this is another.

I'm curious as to the basis of a number of claims on the 'prototype availability' from both sides. No shortage of potential porkies to get straightened out on this.

What's the betting that the truth lies in the middle somewhere? I mean, c'mon, Metrolinx hasn't screwed up royally in the past, or Bombardier?

The real question is how much butter to put on the popcorn before the show begins....

c) They're still late. ;)

Yeah, but according to that article Metrolinx is the entity that's stalling now.

"Bombardier says ... that a test car has been ready since October 2016 but Metrolinx refuses to have it delivered."

Bombardier was late (though they also accuse Metrolinx of changing specs several times). Metrolinx is making it later. That's reason enough for a judge to get involved.

Drop them and call siemens or alstom. Enough already.
Far as I know, Siemens is backlog with 400 plus cars and be very surprise they could bid on the order.

You have Alstom, Stadler, CAF, CRRA, Soka (T17), Kawasaki and Hyundai Rotem who can bid as well others.

Drop them and call siemens or alstom. Enough already.
There's the matter of the contract and the court's ruling on the basis of preliminaries to the cancellation clause, let alone the clause itself.

Let's keep Trump out of this...(and on that note, the future of the Millhaven plant is still questionable with Trumpist policies...that subject will certainly come up again at some point soon)

Back