News   Jul 15, 2024
 621     3 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 772     1 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 603     0 

Metrolinx: Bombardier Flexity Freedom & Alstom Citadis Spirit LRVs

The yard is 100% complete since Sept including catenary. Other than what Metrolinx has posted, can't tell you if catenary is up in the tunnel. As for stations, no idea what they look like other than Mount Dennis that is ready for tracks and catenary.
When did they power up the catenary in the yard?

Here's the picture of Oakdale that they posted on Thursday.

1549125132063.png

The first station east of the yard is Keelesdale. There's not even anywhere to put the tracks yet, let alone the catenary!
1549125508414.png

Last edited:
When did they power up the catenary in the yard?

Here's the picture of Oakdale that they posted on Thursday.

The first station east of the yard is Keelesdale. There's not even anywhere to put the tracks yet, let alone the catenary!
Can't tell you, but I believed Metrolinx posted sometime a go the yard was power.

What will they do with the static light rail vehicles? They got three so far. Is the power on at the Mt. Dennis yard? Can they move them by electricity? Or will they be pushed around by diesel locomotives or service vehicles? Or will they look and feel the pretty body, floor, and windows? They could do that at the factory.

When the first trains rolled off the line in Ottawa for the confederation line, they actually did use a diesel tug to move them around and up and down the first bits of track. It was maybe only a year later that the catenary was energized for the first time. Apparently it was a valuable bit of track geometry testing and checking clearances.
98bdad02d767a614ebada4d02a284f77_XL.jpg

train-at-Belfast-e1469043151850%20(1).jpg

Last edited:
I sure hope it won't be like Waterloo:

BBD: "Hey we've got some of your trains ready."
Region: "We don't want them until we've got our FIE figured out "
BBD: "How about now? We've built a bunch more, they're really shiny."
Region: "Nah, we're good."
BBD: "Look, these things are starting to pile up, and you really should have your FIE sorted out by now."
Region: "Okay, we'll take like, half."
BBD: "Alright. Say, how's that FIE coming along anyway?"
Region: "We've picked it out, will you install it for us?"
BBD: "Sure, have your lawyers call our lawyers to work out a contract."
- time passes -
Region: "The first bits of FIE will be there in July."
BBD: "Seriously, July? We had the first production train ready like a year ago."
Region: "Yeah, we know. Oh, can you get it all installed and commissioned by September? We've got a deadline to meet."
BBD: "We'll do our best."
- September deadline passes -
Region, to press: "It's all Bombardier's fault!"

(Note: I'm pretty sure that a lot of the region's FIE delays fell at the feet of Metrolinx, as I have a vague recollection that they were going to spec it, but still...)

Well, that sounds like BBD vs basically any company that has ordered LRVs or streetcars, subway trains, etc. from them ( Metrolinx, TTC, New York, San Francisco, Switerzland, list goes on )

Feb 3
Tracks heading to Mount Dennis Station and then onto the elevated bridge.
46976907751_672ed4183e_b.jpg

32035717477_98ba083e1d_b.jpg

46924793322_8423592828_b.jpg

Is that missing catenary in the yard?
That the tracks coming from the yard to the mainline. The yard is at the top of the hill.

If you want to see the yard and overhead, look at my site for Eglinton Crosstown Mount Dennis area, Crosstown Mount Dennis area, Crosstown LRT line

Back