News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 946     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 359     0 

Metrolinx $55 Billion Plan

Yes, finally someone puts Sheppard West extension in. I don't doubt it's not going to have the highest ridership, but the flexibility it will afford with storing trains and providing redundancy to the system will be worth it, IMO.
If it's just about connecting to Wilson yard for redundancy, etc., they could follow the example of the Scarborough extension and not put any stations in all. That would save some money!

Yes, finally someone puts Sheppard West extension in. I don't doubt it's not going to have the highest ridership, but the flexibility it will afford with storing trains and providing redundancy to the system will be worth it, IMO.

Is this really necessary with that new yard in York Region on the YNSE?

If it's just about connecting to Wilson yard for redundancy, etc., they could follow the example of the Scarborough extension and not put any stations in all. That would save some money!

Redundancy for if there's an issue on Yonge line vs Spadina vs Finch, etc. It makes the system more malleable in light of no express services or passing tracks on the system.

Bathurst (north) Station is the Lawrence East Station of Sheppard West Subway!

I'm sure by 2041 Faywood and Senlac will need stations

• Don Mills
  • Leslie
  • Bessarion
  • Bayview
  • Sheppard-Yonge
  • Senlac
  • Bathurst Manor (Name of the area)
  • Faywood
  • Sheppard West
Still think that by 2041 we could see discussions arise for

West

• Keele & Wilson
  • Jane & Wilson
  • Highway 400 (lots of land at Bartor & Clayson for parking to relieve traffic on the highways)
East

Still think politics will push the subway farther east
  • Consumers (LRT has to be dug anyways, might as well make it a smaller subway tunnel)
  • Victoria Park (at the very least)

Last edited:
I'm surprised the Sheppard W subway made it in. Seems so low priority, but having a northern crosstown connection will be nice to have. Likewise for Finch East. #NoStubs

Sheppard East I guess they are leaving up to the whims of the city? I imagine the political tides for that one will turn. I don't see the Sheppard East LRT ever being built.

Wouldn't it be John Bales Historical House at Earl Bales Park Station?
Or perhaps the "John Bales Historical House and Earl Bales Ski & Snowboard Centre at Earl Bales Park Station".

Or perhaps the James Pasternak Memorial North York Relief Station.

That at the least turns line 4 into a line to somewhere. Connecting it to line 1-west is practically an extension to York University.

Line 1 should terminate at Sheppard West Station (Downsview). Line 4 should run from Don Mills, west along Sheppard to Sheppard West, and then utilize the new extension to York Region to provide service to York U and VCC. This new route could offer a less frequent level of service (say, every 6-8 minutes all day), and allow the TTC to run more trains on Lines 1 and 2, with the new ATC technology in effect. Line 4 would effectively become a suburban subway line connecting 2 (or 3) suburban growth centres (NYC, VCC and STC... assuming we ever get higher order transit east of Don Mills).

We have many X West and X East stations, but will there ever be a X North or X South stations?
We have a lot of streets with an East or West. But few streets with a North or South. More likely to get something like Lower Jarvis or Lower Parliament.

That at the least turns line 4 into a line to somewhere. Connecting it to line 1-west is practically an extension to York University.

The City studied the Sheppard corridor a few years ago and found that a tiny percentage of commuters (including cars) were travelling to the YorkU area. I wouldn't call it a major destination Sheppard East commuters.

Back