News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.4K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 601     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Mayor Olivia Chow's Toronto

To the residents of Etobicoke Centre: Please for the love of God vote this clown out of office at the next soonest opportunity. He is not his father, nor does he have 1/5th of his intellect.
Truth be told, back in the first term of Megacity Council a quarter century ago, his father would likewise have been all by his lonesome (Robert Bruce Ford wasn't elected yet)

Look at lonely Holyday......living to be the contrarian. Left to his own devices he'd vote against Christmas.
It feels like he's thinking to himself, "Rob Ford voted no to everything for a decade as councilor and then got elected mayor, so that will be my path to glory too!"

Only problem is, as much of a complete buffoon and dullard Ford was, he still had a certain aw shucks, schlubby low-brow charisma about him. Stephen Holyday has nothing.

Look at lonely Holyday......living to be the contrarian. Left to his own devices he'd vote against Christmas.
“Sometimes it’s important just to say no" -Holyday
One more bike item. Councillor Holyday rises to announce he’s opposed to making cheaper Bike Share memberships available to people with low incomes. “Sometimes it’s important just to say no,” he says. Only sometimes?

This article by Keenan in Star is sad. https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/be...cle_d8144b2e-c5e3-11ee-bddc-2f9117178b1d.html

Before the legality of tobogganing came up at council on Wednesday, things were already going downhill​

I had really hoped for better from Chris Moise but the Perruzza amendment is simply bonkers!

2 - Motion to Amend Item (Additional) moved by Councillor Anthony Perruzza (Withdrawn)
That:

1. City Council request that any paper copies of agenda materials provided by the City Clerk be 3-hole punched.

Fortunately the whole thing was defeated but do these people REALLY have nothing better to do?

I promised back when to deep dive the Mayor's budget proposals, beyond the headlines; frankly, beyond what's been discussed here, and in the media, up to now, there hasn't been much to add.......but I see this has been snuck in.......

1707683590322.png

This is the first of the Gardiner/DVP dividend we're seeing.

Also this:

1707683669309.png

Also of note is where the TTC found funds to build the Scarborough Busway:

1707683802698.png

Not sure about that.......

Where else is the money coming from? Mostly where you'd expect, the Federal monies (Housing Accelerator, Shelter supports), Provincial monies (Building Faster fund); Reserve Funds and Assessment growth......

But there is this too:

1707684016275.png

Note that this money will not be available next year!

There's also some user fee adjustments that seem .........ill-conceived.

A 24% increase if you want a Liquor License through the Clerk's Office (presumably for an event on City property).

A lot increases for ice rink time, including youth, upwards of 8%

A wedding at City Hall (permit) just got 14% more expensive.

Minor Variances (as in C of A or staff approved) up 14%

Curiously..............Permit Parking is up only 4%

I've been hearing Brad Bradford on the radio quite a bit lately. He seems like he hates Chow. First it was about tobogganing and then today it was about the police getting more money. He seems like an angry guy.

I've been hearing Brad Bradford on the radio quite a bit lately. He seems like he hates Chow. First it was about tobogganing and then today it was about the police getting more money. He seems like an angry guy.

Bradford's motion on toboggans was seconded by Chow; and he's got the police budget bumped up, details coming tomorrow.

His political theater is odd as it doesn't benefit him, certainly in his ward, and I would argue at all.

But his working relationship w/Chow seems to be going fine for him.

So, a couple of notes before Council begins today.

It appears the Mayor will not only support the original Police budget request (an extra ~20M); but also restoring suburban windrow plow service.

Horsetrading for votes on full display.

There will be a few other items the mayor will back, and maybe even a small surprise or two on the floor. I will be making notes and duly report back.

It appears the Mayor will not only support the original Police budget request (an extra ~20M); but also restoring suburban windrow plow service.

I have family who work as Civilians for TPS.

My understanding is that some of this money will go towards long overdue pay increases for the civilian staff. Essentially, whenever the budget gets cut or held the civilian staff take the brunt of it.

For years they have had reviews and pay increases have been recommended based on workload and job description changes but were denied due to budgetary pressures.

So, a couple of notes before Council begins today.

Horsetrading for votes on full display.

There will be a few other items the mayor will back, and maybe even a small surprise or two on the floor. I will be making notes and duly report back.
Sometimes it is best not to pay too much attention to how the sausages are made but just enjoy eating them!

Back